What a difference that a good moisturizer can make! Dry skin suffererers please read!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently, I was getting flaky patches on my cheeks and nose, due to a combo of colder weather and an acne spot treatment. I've always known I had dry skin which, not under control, can be very itchy and flaky. I've used an Oil of Olay moisturizer for years, and had always heard good things about Oil of Olay. I just thought that my skin would never feel moisturized, that the best I could do was no flakes. My skin didn't feel tight, but it didn't feel moisturized though.

I finally got sick of the flakiness and overall dry feeling of my face. Every undereye concealer that I would try would dry out my skin, and overall just look terrible unless it was a liquid. Even then, I could never get natural looking converage. I thought it was the concealer. I was wrong.

I tried Nivea's Soft Moisturizing Creme two weeks ago, and I'm in love! My skin feels so soft, baby skin soft! It feels so much healthier, and moisturized. The feeling doesn't go away once the moisturizer dried, like the other moisturizers that I've tried did. This actually makes my face feel moisturized during the day. Don't be scared because it isn't marketed for use on your face, I haven't gotten any breakouts. And don't get me started on how much better my makeup looks! I don't even use foundation anymore, I find I just don't need it! My skin has that healthy glow on its own, and I find I only need concealer around my nose, and any other marks I want to conceal. I use Bobbi Brown's color corrector in light peach, which I previously wrote off because it looked dry and unatural. Now, I can't believe I did without it. I just apply on the innermost corners of my eyes (where its the darkest), and then blend outward. It doesn't look like I have dark circles at all! (Just FYI, I have the kind of dark circles that make me look tired when I'm not, sick when I'm not, the kind that gets me the questions like "What's wrong? You look so tired!" when I'm not wearing makeup.) I'm so happy I finally got a moisturizer that does its job! I'm thinking of getting the Nivea original formula to use on any really dry spots now that the weather's getting colder. I will absolutely die if they ever discontinue this. Please, if you guys have dry skin and haven't tried this moisturizer yet, please do! It will absolutely change the way you look at your face.
biggrin.gif

Nivea is a great lotion! I've tried it in the past and I'd recommend it too. I'm glad you found something that works for ya'
wink.gif

Thanks for the review. I've never tried this one, I'll have to give it a go.

I'm so happy to hear this. I have the same problem and just recently ordered some Nivea things online -- Nivea Creme, Nivea Visage Pure Energy and Nivea Liposome Cream -- in hopes that one of them will work for me. They are coming via UPS today, and now I can't wait to try them!

Thanks!

Nivea Q10 Body Lotion is the best body moisturizer. I really think I will use it forever. Now in the colder monthsI use Nivea Body Essentially Enriched. Its wonderful!
thrashi.gif

Back