MAC holiday brush set 187 vs regular 187

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can someone who has these 2 brushes do a versus?
smile.gif

I think they are the same but someone will mention how the holiday one is manufactured in lots while the regular is hand made. I honestly think they are similar so maybe someone else can give u a more detailed explanation,

I did a search on the same thing in the past couple weeks and found that many said that they were pratically the ame and a good buy if you didn't have the full size. Some mentioned that it was fuller with the black hair so it felt a bit more dense and that it was barely uneven. Other than that most said that once they had it compared to the full sized one, it was the same.

As far as i know, the difference is like what Emily said, theyre mass produced so the quality isnt exactally the same. But they're well worth it especially if you dont want to spend 50$ on one brush
smile.gif

i originally bought the 187SE in the nordstrom's colourforms release. i eventually got a full size 187 later and i ended up returning the brush set. the bristles are definitely less dense than the full size. not by much, but it's a feel thing for me. with proper care, the brushes that come in the set should last you a long time. your choice really.

i have both brushes, i'll take pictures of them tonight and compare them when i get home =)

2957oco.jpg

xn66nk.jpg

i finally got to uploading them. thanks for waiting and excuse the dirty 187 =]

as you can tell from the pictures, the 187 is a lot denser than the 187se. i don't notice any drastic changes when i use the 187 and the 187se, they pretty much do the same thing. one thing i noticed: not all of them are made the same and since they are machine made, some brushes tend to be totally off. for example, my 219se from this holiday collection is shaped like a blending brush, it doesn't even have a pointy tip or anything =/

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am going to hope for the best, as I just bought all 3 sets. You go! Maybe I can convince one of my parents to buy all three for me for Christmas. *fingers crossed*
I would definitely like to hear more comparisons though.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by WhitneyF /img/forum/go_quote.gif You go! Maybe I can convince one of my parents to buy all three for me for Christmas. *fingers crossed*
I would definitely like to hear more comparisons though.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

nordstroms is selling all brush sets for 35 dollars btw! =)

Originally Posted by x33cupcake /img/forum/go_quote.gif http://i35.tinypic.com/2957oco.jpghttp://i35.tinypic.com/xn66nk.jpg

i finally got to uploading them. thanks for waiting and excuse the dirty 187 =]

as you can tell from the pictures, the 187 is a lot denser than the 187se. i don't notice any drastic changes when i use the 187 and the 187se, they pretty much do the same thing. one thing i noticed: not all of them are made the same and since they are machine made, some brushes tend to be totally off. for example, my 219se from this holiday collection is shaped like a blending brush, it doesn't even have a pointy tip or anything =/

thanks so much! your post really helped me

Back