Fashion's Top 10 Secret Weapons

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hollywood Fashion Tape
Secret_weapon_fashion_tape.jpg

Made famous by J.Lo's eye-popping Versace gown at the 2000 Grammys, double-sided tape has become a staple outside of Hollywood making its way into closets everywhere. Throw it in your clutch to avoid a malfunction.
BeautyHabit.com, $7.50

Unseen Secret Bra Clip

bra_clip.jpg

So small and effective; the bra clip can lift your bust, stabilize your bra straps, and create a two-in-one halter look. Purchase in white, black, or clear and keep handy when you're in a jam.
UnSeenSecrets.com, $14.95

Foot Petals Sole Solutionz and Peek-A-Shoe Pouch
foot_petals.jpg

Slip these little miracles into your new YSL stilettos to add much needed cushioning and prevent annoying slippage. The set is available in rose, silver rose, black iris, and buttercup. (Your feet will thank you!)
Zappos.com, $50

Spanx Under the Heel Tight-End Tights

secret_weapon_spanx_tights.jpg

These are the tights to buy for fall. Reach for them when you're feeling lackluster and bloated and you'll instantly look slimmer, smoother, and way more polished.
Spanx.com, $32

Yummie Tummie Freedom T

secret_weapon_yummytummy_freedom.jpg

Shapewear as outerwear? Absolutely. Layer with all your fave sweaters and blazers without anyone suspecting a thing.
YummieTummie.com, $72

Static Guard Spray

static_guard.jpg

There's nothing more embarrassing (and hilarious) than static cling. Don't let your Chanel suffer. Buy a cheap bottle and spray away.
Walgreens.com, $5.29

Smart Heel High Heel Protector

secret_weapon_heel_protector.jpg

No more swearing at that pesky sidewalk crack or teetering around the subway grates. With easily removable protectors, your heels will be safe and sound against the outdoor elements. Once inside, remove them discreetly and store in your handbag.
SmartHeel.com, $11.95

IsABelt

isabelt.jpg

Let's not be that girl. You know the one giving people a show. The clear IsABelt is designed to prevent unwanted slippage or back gap in your pants. The barely visible product works wonders on low-rise jeans.
IsABelt.com, $16.95

Braza Petals Plus
petals.jpg

The reusable petal tops are made to offer you more coverage. Wear the discreet silicone petals under your sheerest, form-fitting clothes to stop unwanted appearances.
OneHanesPlace.com, $11.99

Miss Oops Rescue Sponge
secret_weapon_rescue_sponge.jpg

These sponges are amazing. They instantly make marks from your cosmetic powder and deodorant disappear without leaving awkward wet stains on your designer duds.
MissOops.com, $10

Source

I don't like the clear belt thinguie, or the heel protector idea at all though
wacko.gif

Those are greatn Nuri!! I need to try the bra strap clip for sure... And I'm always taping thing up.. Or down.. Looks better than hockey tape for sure!!

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol, what's with the clear belt that's still visible? haha!
tongue.gif
Yeah, might as well wear a regular belt! haha

I guess some of these things would be handy..... I do have the petal nipple thingies, but some of the items are ridiculous!

The bra strap things are super handy. I've also discovered that if you don't happen to have those around, but want to hide your bra straps, you can use a paperclip as a temporary fix.

Need to find some of those foot cushions! Thanks for posting this =)

I like the idea of the heel protectors. Walking to work has ruined the heels of a few of my shoes and the protectors would be hidden by my trousers anyway. Even if you were wearing a skirt, does it really matter if you're going to remove them anyway once you've reached your destination? Rather that than having to re-heel your shoes constantly. Definitely a good solution to something that has been bugging more for a while.
smile.gif

i love the heel protectors i have bought a few whil breakin in new shoes!!! life savers!!!

Rosie here in aus they are called party feet!!

and that shirt and tights look comfy also...so many cool things...but as for the isabelt dunno how that would work..to me just looks like a super tight belt thats made from invisable bra straps lol

That bra clip looks really neat

EDIT: I checked out the web page and all the 'after' photos are really photoshopped. I guess it was too good to be true.

I really like the heel protector idea. I hate, hate, hate ruining my heels.

^ haha, those used to be "hip" when i was in high school!

i like the bra clip idea, but it's overpriced.

I have the boob cover thingys, they're pretty awesome. And in the place of the fashion tape I use Topstick brand hairpiece tape!! It's the same thing as fashion tape and it's cheaper, works great!

Back