Lorac greatest hits CDs, cute idea but is the quality good?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
P80900_hero.jpg
P80901_hero.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=4144

Cute aren't they? Though I would like to know how the quality of Lorac stacks up against Mac and other highend brands. Has anyone here tried these Lorac palettes?

BTW, they are only 48 dollars each, meaning 6 dollars each pan. i think it is a good value since a single Lorac e/s is $17.

edit: I forgot to mention that it includes a blush, lip gloss, lip/cheek tint and 5 e/s that are from their e/s collection.

I have the warm one... I love all Lorac shadows.. even more than my MAC ones. They are excellent quality.

I think I reach for my Lorac palettes more than any other eye shadows.

My favorite so far is the Snake Charmer palette:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=4144

I also love the Multi-platinum palette:

Sephora: LORAC Multi-Platinum Palette ($120 Value): Combination Sets

This is the new Croc case that just came out: (Haven't tried this one though)

Sephora: LORAC Croc Case - Full Face Collection ($250 Value): Combination Sets

I'm a huge Lorac fan!

I don't like the cd shape of the palette. It reminds me of little kid dress-up makeup. But I'm sure the makeup itself is good quality as I've heard good things about LORAC.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't like the cd shape of the palette. It reminds me of little kid dress-up makeup. But I'm sure the makeup itself is good quality as I've heard good things about LORAC.
smile.gif
I was thinking the same thing. The look a little...bleh...I like the packaging on their other palettes a lot better. Their colors look good, though.

The packaging looks plain but I like the concept. Greatest hit CDs like music cds containing the greatist hits...you guys know what i mean.

lol..kinda strange! but that purple on the right palette looks interesting!!

My mom used to have something similar to that. It was an unknown brand and the case was like a cd case, so the square case and you open it up and it has all the colours. GORGEOUS colours too with good pigment. there was white, dark blue, mercury colour, goldish yellow, green.. but overall there were 9 colours. But then my sister moved away to Boston and stole it.
7.gif

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is the new Croc case that just came out: (Haven't tried this one though)

Sephora: LORAC Croc Case - Full Face Collection ($250 Value): Combination Sets

I'm a huge Lorac fan!

I LOVE LORAC! Their e/s feel like velvet. They are seriously the most pigmented and softest e/s I've ever used. I have her Best Dressed Palette but I REALLY want the full face collection.
biggrin.gif
I've been lusting after it for a while. I say go for it!

Originally Posted by McRubel /img/forum/go_quote.gif I LOVE LORAC! Their e/s feel like velvet. They are seriously the most pigmented and softest e/s I've ever used. I have her Best Dressed Palette but I REALLY want the full face collection.
biggrin.gif
I've been lusting after it for a while. I say go for it! OMG... how did I forget about that one? It sold out at my Sephora the day it was released... I got the last one. IMO, it's a perfect palette... love Lorac!

I don't own either of those CD palettes, but I do have the Croc palette and it is AWESOME!! Her e/s are so pigmented and smooth, they go on like cream! If you've never tried any Lorac, you should! I think it's higher quality than MAC or Stila.

I think they are cute...while I know Lorac has been around for a while I think the only thing I tried was the lip polish years ago I don't even remember the color...lol You are all turning me on to it big time!

I remember having something like this as a kid. It was just play make up.

Back