]: Dissapointment with bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, this stuff is highly known and it has a bunch of awards and stuff, but I'm pretty disappointed. It matches my skin color and it looks natural I guess..but it isn't much better then other mineral makeup I tried. Plus, you have to apply it ALOT in order to get enough coverage. And then when you apply alot, it looks cakey.

Any tips on applying it maybe?

Discuss:

bareMinerals

How did they work for you?

Lots of us have been disappointed with BE. At least it’s the right color for you and doesn’t make you look like a greasy orange disco ball.

Typically the heaviest coverage can be achieved with the wet method, a sponge and or a dense flat top brush.

I had such high expectations. And UGH. They're making me break-out. :c I mean, sure whatever, it doesn't work well, but MAKING ME BREAK OUT? Come on, its minerals!

Edit: But on the plus side, it does cover under eye circles pretty darn well.

And the sample brush they gave me is not only adorable and pocket-sized, it's soft and very nice.

Originally Posted by mgmsrk /img/forum/go_quote.gif Typically the heaviest coverage can be achieved with the wet method, a sponge and or a dense flat top brush. I tried that method with another mineral powder of mine just now, and gee whiz that's a good tip.

I prefer to spend my money with internet brand that offer me a good quality with good prices.

I have some ID bar's products but I don't like them.

I hate the foundation. I LOVE the mineral veil, and I hated the warmth untill I mixed it with lotion and made a bronzer for my legs. I do like some of the eyeshadows. If your interested in Mineral Makeup, but didn't like BE, check out the list of MMU sites we have. Most of these don't contain the ingredient bismuth which tends to itch, and have TONS of color options so you can actually find a color that matches. You can order cheap samples till you find what works.

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...tes-40892.html

I suggest trying Everyday Minerals or MEOW starting out!

EDIT: If you don't want to waste the product you have, I suggest try to sell it, OR I agree with the other girls, it did work a lot better for me using a damp buki brush.

I'm glad I never bought BE. They did make me want to try mmu in general but the price was too much for what they gave and I hear too many bad reviews about what a joke it was. It has worked for some but I think most just didn't like it or it irritated their skin due to the Bismuth. To get better coverage I apply first (buffing it in with a flat top kabuki) and then spritz my face with a mist setter (I use Mark's Mist spray which contains a bit of glycerin) and blend with the kabuki brush on top. This makes it look creamier and gives me better coverage with my EDM.

I love BE. I have used tons of other mineral foundations that either don't stay put all day, don't cover well or they ITCH like hell. I have oily skin and BE works fine for me. I have seen alot of you guys being very disappointed in the foundation. I guess it works well on some and does not work well on others.
smile.gif

BE was a good transitional mineral based foundation for me at the time. It served it's purpose - giving me an option other than liquid when liquids and creams were causing my skin to break out and weren't performing altogether well in hot humid weather. Wearing BE did come with a price.

What price?

I had to constantly touch up with mineral veil to keep a non tin man look and to maintain decent coverage I had to reapply BE foundation a few times a day. Not much but I had to tote it along with me for "in case situations"

I also never found a quite right match and had to settle for almost there. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't good.

I also had to deal with itchies whenever I'd perspire or become warm. That was the worst part.

I'm not a fan of BE. It actually wasn't my first MMU but I decided that I should try it since it's the largest commercial brand. Not impressed. It doesn't match my skintone well, it's too shiny and irritating and just doesn't cover well.

There are so many better MMU brands out there.

Back