Avon product suggestion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone use avon products, not Mark, but Avon, the original line. I'm hesitate to buy anything from them, but there's a huge sale in my area and the price is so attractive. So any opinions would be helpful. Thanks in advance
smile.gif

we have avon here in the UK, and it's quite a big thing, i'm sure it must be the same brand? although i never knew it was called mark:S uuuuhm, i've tried some stuff and its all been decent there mascaras are good, so yeah i dunno if we're speaking about the same cosmetics but i hope i helped a little.. maybe if you search on google for uk pages you'll find out if we're on the same page
biggrin.gif
xx

mark is their sub-line for younger generation, Lauren Conrad from the hills represents them. Which mascara would you recommend?

i tryed the avon super full mascara and my mum has astonishing lengths, i used to put both on at same time, but i always preffered my mums applicator, if we are speaking about the same avon, i think they've just brought out a new one, i seen the advert on t.v and it looks tempting
smile.gif
my mum used to use some eyelift thing from avon and she said its really good not sure about the name though

I havent really tried any of their makeup but i have tried the Anew clinical stretch mark smoother cream and it did seem like it helped lighten my stretchmarks. I dont know if you have any stretchmarks or not but if you do i recomend it!

attached a photo!

I am a fan of the Lip Glaze, the Anew skincare line, the bubble baths, the super cheap $0.99 lip balms, always love their holiday collection of random stuff, the lipliners, the jumbo eye pencils.. I love makeup.

i LOVE their makeup. i have all their single eyeshadows, lip pencils, and lip colors. i havent tried the blush or foundations yet. i only do mac foundation and the blush seems too expensive. and for a few bucks more i'll get mac. so, yea. definately go for it. i love em

i love their supershock mascara, the one that is not water proof stays one great, no smudging and easy to remove with water and soap, their ultra luxury liner is the best pencil liner ive ever used, specially for the waterline it stays put liek you wouldnt believe!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE their Lip Glazewear glosses. It's really the only thing I buy from them and they smell so good. Like a buttery, vanilla coconut smell, hard to describe; and while they don't last all that long on (I don't expect much from any gloss) it feels really smooth when you rub you lips together, not sticky at all.

i love the supershock mascara and the big color eye pencils! the pencils make an awesome base!!!! i just got mark's face glow in pebbles, and i really like it. not too shimmery.

That's so weird that just yesterday I was looking at the crazy sales on the website and here is this thread, lol!

I haven't used Avon for yearrrrrrs, like probably close to 20 years but back then it was very good (I've never heard of Mark- how out f date am I???)

I should say, I haven't "bought" anything. My cousin is goof friends with her Avon Lady (or rep- whatever. I am from the old school and still call them Avon Lady) and gets tons of the samples and gives them away at family parties and everything is so pretty!

Like I said, the website has some un-belieeeeeevable sales going on right now!

http://avon.com

I like their bronzing pearls and their shadow sticks, I have a gold one and I've had a green one before.

We have Avon here and i've tried many products from them, here some short reivews.

The eyeshadow quad: I got it in "Deepest Rose", those are nice, pigmented, wearable colors, don't crease much.

Blushes (the duo): nice color, pigmented enough.

Eyeliners (the traditional pencils): have many colors, i got them in charcoal, navy blue, purple; they're easy to use, nice colors too but smudge a bit cause my lids are oily.

Lip Glaze: an okay lip gloss for me, smell good but a bit sticky.

Lip balm: love the cherry one, great smell and glossy.

I've also tried foundation and powder but didn't like them.

HTH
smile.gif

The only thing I've tried from them is their 99 cent eyeliner and their "active cooling face and body spray" and I LOVED both.

I would give it a try if I was you. I' m an AVON rep and I have tried almost everything. If you tell exactly what you're planning to buy I can help you a little bit better.

Originally Posted by paulinaaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif i love their supershock mascara, the one that is not water proof stays one great, no smudging and easy to remove with water and soap, their ultra luxury liner is the best pencil liner ive ever used, specially for the waterline it stays put liek you wouldnt believe! It's my favorite too. :)

Their Glazewear is the best! I love it! It's more of a liquid lipstick than a lipgloss (although some colors are more sheer than others).

Their lip pencils and eye pencils are great, too, and so reasonably priced.
smile.gif

I recommend the blushes, too.

They have a body wash in their Naturals line which smells of vanilla and it's wonderful, really a great and not fake vanilla smell!
smile.gif

Some of you mention their eye shadows...I tried their e/s a couple of years ago and I was not impressed, they were chalky and not very pigmented at all. Have they improved lately?

Back