How did he meet the parents?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Haha, yes, me with my random questions!

how did your SO meet the parents? sit down dinner? brief chat when you came over to their/his house?

I try to keep it short and sweet, and my parents were amazingly good this time, they totally didn't interrogate him! well done mum and dad!

tell your 'meet the parents' story!

He met my parents after we went off and got married! We had been seeing eachother for less than a month and then we just got married. They really couldn't say much after that, lol.

He had met my mom before we were together at a party I had had at her house. We were just friends at that point so it went smooth and once we started dating she was happy about it. I don't really remember when he met my dad lol my dad's not a very social person so he didn't really say much to him and I'm pretty sure he doesn't really care who I date.

I've actually never really had a problem with bringing guys home to my parents, they aren't like those parents that interrogate them or try to scare them away lol I think they are just happy when I'm happy.

my bf met my mum for the first time a couple of weeks ago over christmas. he was staying with friends in a village not far from leeds so we thought we'd meet up as we'd hardly see each other over the holidays. my dad was down in london so didn't get to meet him.

it went ok, it was more of a sort of situation where two people happen to be in the same house and meet lol rather than a hello this is my boyfriend sort of meeting. i figure i want to leave that till a bit later on. my mum liked him though. i haven't met his parents yet but i think its on the cards soon!

ah the joys of not living at home! lol

My husband and I met through work and when we were only friends (strictly, he was dating a friend of mine; we're all on really good terms except for the fact that he literally can't stand her lol) and he would drop me off when I got off late since I lived about 1 minute from work.

One day I just told him if he wanted to come in and chill with my family and he was all game and just talked to my dad and brothers like they've known each other forever. He stayed for almost 2 hours and that was it.

I don't have parents, so the only thing i have to worry about are his parents. haha.
smile.gif

He picked me up when we just started dating.. I was still living with my parents.

And my mom happened to be there, so there was a brief introduction..

And then I believe it was my mom's or my brothers birthday, we all went to celebrate at my parents house..

The whole meeting - falling in love - meeting the parents and moving in together thing really went quite quickly with us..
smile.gif

He met my mother and I at the same time!
smile.gif
He was friends with two of my sisters and best friends with my sister's boyfriend; they all came to my mom's house for lunch one day and we all met. We quickly became friends, were best friends for two and a half years, and then we started dating. My parents didn't really want their baby girl dating, yet, but my mom caught us kissing and told my dad. Thankfully, they were pretty cool about it. Now, they introduce him as their son and he thinks of them as the parents he never had.
smile.gif
I've been very blessed in that department.

uhh mine is a weird story. the first time he ever met my parents me and him were going out for my friends birthday. any way at that point in time i did not know i was alergic to squid aka calamari. and i had a ton of it, we went to a friends house after and while there my throat felt funny but i didnt think anything of it untill i started getting really really sick. so he had to drive me home, with several stops on the side of the highway so his car would not get messy. so the first time he met my parents was one night at about 1 am when i got them up to take me to the hospital

Back