Blue lips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just wanted to know where you can find a dark blue lipliner, lipstick and lip gloss.

If anyone has the Face Forward book by Kevyn aucoin what inspired me was the picture of karen elson wearing it.
eusa_whistle.gif

The manic panic lipstick in this pic to me doesn't really match up with the lips so I didn't bother with it.

0ef5_1.JPG

hmm... i think stargazer over here do a blue lipstick. but i don't know how international that brand is- its like an alt/goth brand. only thing i can think of that is vaguely near it for you would be somewhere like hot topic?

i know dior do a light blue lipgloss, but thats supposed to make your teeth whiter or something. not actually make your lips blue.

lol I remember when I was in 6th grade, I got this lip stick at ames (now no longer a store) , and it was dark dark blue, like the picture. but the brand wasn't even recognizable...i think.

anyway, I think you should try hot topic, or find near by goth shops that make dark blue lip sticks.

or use an eye liner?

stargazer has blue lipstick. this make up brand is mostly found in gothic shops, or else you have to order somewhere online

good luck xx

For high fashion/catwalk. It looks incredible. On the average person, no.

Ya, I was looking for blue lipstick a while ago, but I gave up.

I really like the pic tho. Not for everyday wear, definitely

Ya, I was looking for blue lipstick a while ago, but I gave up.

I really like the pic tho. Not for everyday wear, definitely

Thanks!

I didn't see it at hot topic online, I guess I gotta hit the stores!

By the way, in that pic does that woman have some type of pigment on her lips?
kopfkratz.gif

I looked on manic panics website. The swatches are actual lip prints.

There is a color that is called After Midnight Blue...it looks like the one in your picture.

To me it looks like her lips are lined and filled in with black eyeliner (something lip safe, hopefully) and then blue lipstick or gloss on top of that. I think probably gloss.

Back in the late nineties there wasn't so difficult to find blue lipstick and gloss. Many brands carried it. I had a few myself (wore it for pictures mostly, not grocery shopping and such
wink.gif
).

MAC Blueberry Fizz is not a match - much too sheer and light.

I would recommend stargazer, because I'm prettt sure they do a blue lipstick.

Even if you find one that's too light you could always darken it with black
smile.gif

Fyrinnae semi-recently introduced their lip lusters. They are sort of a cross between lipstains and lip glosses and they have sample sizes available for $2.50. The colors are amazingly vivid and they stay on perfectly. Just order a sample size on their website. I own the blue one, as well as several others. I ended up ordering nearly all the colors XD

If u cannot find any dark blue lipsick try making dark blue gloss from MAC's bell bottom pigment and some gloss?

Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif If u cannot find any dark blue lipsick try making dark blue gloss from MAC's bell bottom pigment and some gloss? Good idea

Blue lips is actually a very daring look and you may find it harder to wear than black lips. I've done it many times for costumes. That's my picture on the "best of the best - black and blue."

First of all, I own both After midnight blue and Blueberry fizz. Aftermidnight is a little greyish compared to the picture and not quite as dark. Blueberry Fizz is a sheer aquamarine almost. If you want that perfect shade of blue, you need to mix your own in a series of trial and error. I would recommend a blue-black or black eyeliner (preferably kohl and easy to smudge), clear lip balm, medium blue perfectly cyan pigment and a black pigment. Some shimmer if you like that effect. Mix it around until you're happy with the opacity and color. Blot and re-apply. Top with gloss.

Secondly, anything safe to use on your eyes I would fathom would be ok to use on your lips as long as you're not eating it. Reason being is that your mouth contains many protective enzymes thatyour eyes do not. Just don't be licking it off like candy and you'll be fine. However, do NOT use anything that specifies not to use on the eyes on the eye area. That can be very bad.

Good luck! Post pics!

Originally Posted by kabuki_killer /img/forum/go_quote.gif Blue lips is actually a very daring look and you may find it harder to wear than black lips. I've done it many times for costumes. That's my picture on the "best of the best - black and blue."
First of all, I own both After midnight blue and Blueberry fizz. Aftermidnight is a little greyish compared to the picture and not quite as dark. Blueberry Fizz is a sheer aquamarine almost. If you want that perfect shade of blue, you need to mix your own in a series of trial and error. I would recommend a blue-black or black eyeliner (preferably kohl and easy to smudge), clear lip balm, medium blue perfectly cyan pigment and a black pigment. Some shimmer if you like that effect. Mix it around until you're happy with the opacity and color. Blot and re-apply. Top with gloss.

Secondly, anything safe to use on your eyes I would fathom would be ok to use on your lips as long as you're not eating it. Reason being is that your mouth contains many protective enzymes thatyour eyes do not. Just don't be licking it off like candy and you'll be fine. However, do NOT use anything that specifies not to use on the eyes on the eye area. That can be very bad.

Good luck! Post pics!

Good advice all around, I just wanted to add that make sure that the products you use on your lips doesn't contain ultramarines which aren't safe for lips. Just sayin'.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif If u cannot find any dark blue lipsick try making dark blue gloss from MAC's bell bottom pigment and some gloss? I was gonna say the same thing. The good thing about MAC pigments is they can be mixed with practically anything. Maybe try lining you lips in black and making a blue gloss like Ricci mentioned to top it off?

Bell Bottom is actuallyu not the darkest blue I remembered it is Naval blue

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was gonna say the same thing. The good thing about MAC pigments is they can be mixed with practically anything. Maybe try lining you lips in black and making a blue gloss like Ricci mentioned to top it off?

Back