...Does anyone know what THIS song is?...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha Rosie! I can't pick it either. This happens to me all the time, you hear a song on a commercial, you like it, but can't figure out who it's by...I go nuts on google and can't find it then wind up being frustrated haha

ooooh so annoying isn't it?

and its on like every website. I did a google search, but their full-length ad has a different song to their tv commercial

I can't place it either.

It kind of sounds familiar but I don't know...

Ooh that's so annoying when that happens! lol

The band is called "New Empire"

Apparently they were in a competition on myspace to make the song for the Australian Navy Defence and they won
smile.gif

Here's their myspace site, i am not sure what the title of the song you want is, but the extended one is called Hero.

New Empire - Coming to a NZ Near You!! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

thanks Nuri... I don't think the shorter ad is any of those songs. I wonder if it's the same band. I wish I knew! so frustrating not knowing!

I've been searching for almost 30 minutes now and I still can't find it.

I did find this like Nuri did:

Quote:
NEW EMPIRE TAKES OUT NAVY’S SONG BATTLE

The Minister for Defence Science and Personnel, the Hon. Warren Snowdon MP, today congratulated the band New Empire on winning Navy’s ‘Song Battle’ competition with their track ‘Hero’.

“I am pleased and excited to be able to offer my congratulations to the members of New Empire for writing Navy’s new anthem,” Mr Snowdon said.

“This is an exciting time for both Navy and New Empire as they work together towards the release of the new Navy brand advertising campaign in January next year.”

New Empire is a young band from Cronulla, on Sydney’s southern beaches.

During the course of the competition there were 149 entries received on the dedicated MySpace Song Battle home page with 19,364 page views and 11,446 votes cast.

“While there can be only one winner, there was an incredible response to the call for a song to evoke the adventure of a Navy career, and I thank everyone who entered, and stand impressed by the obvious talent of all the Australian musicians that took part,” Mr Snowdon said.

“This is just another example of the innovative marketing campaigns that Defence Force Recruiting is utilising to highlight what Navy, and the Australian Defence Force, has to offer young Australians.

“Winning the Navy Song Battle is an incredible opportunity for New Empire and also an opportunity for the Royal Australian Navy to engage with young Australians through music and highlight the positive and rewarding aspects of a Navy career.

"From engineering through to hospitality, IT and health care, the Navy offer young men and women a huge range of exciting careers and training as they also experience the satisfaction of helping to defend Australia and provide humanitarian aid for our regional neighbours.”

New Empire will now work with Defence Force Recruiting and George Patts Y&R advertising agency to develop the Navy’s new television commercial, to be launched in early 2009.

It hear the winning song head straight to www.myspace.com.au/navysongbattle

Media contacts:

Kate Sieper (Warren Snowdon): 02 6277 7620 or 0488 484 689

Defence Media Liaison: 02 6265 3343 or 0408 498 664

Source
and I heard the song by New Empire here but it's not the same song
frown.gif
. Maybe same group?

I hate when that happens! I remember watching some make up tutorial and I really liked the song in 1 of them and of course it's an instrumental song so i couldn't even google the lyrics so then I just messaged the girl haha.

This one sounds familiar, maybe like a remix ? But i'm not sure. All the other stuff i could find was about Yann Elies being rescued (you know the guy from the Vendée Globe challenge, broke his leg and i don't know what else).

grumble.

Just did another search for that damn song and still no luck. Stupid stupid navy! maybe it was created just for the ad.

My friend has just joined the defence force, I shall drill him and see if for some reason he may know!

I remember I spent almost a whole day searching for this song and I still can't find it. Even if it was just for the add it has to be somewhere.

doesn't it drive you crazy! it's so frustrating and stupid! why don't they list it anywhere! tomorrow is good friday so I'm guessing they wont answer their phones but first thing tuesday I am going to ring that damn defense line and ASK them. I want answers!

LOL! I get paranoid and obsessive when i can't figure stuff like this out. I hate it when I hear songs in movie theatres and they're not even distributed publicly. I know their are certain companies like Two Steps in Hell or Immediate Music that makes music specifically for commercials and movie trailers. For example, I searched hard for the intro beginning of the Twilight trailer (that woman had a beautiful voice) and found out it wasn't downloadable. Of course, I found it after a week of searching lol. Apparently I wasn' the only one wanting it.

Back