Question on outer eyeshadow placement..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you guys prefer: a "crisp" edge to the eyeshadow on the outer eye, or a more natural edge?

Natural because it look... More natural!! Lol. But I have played around with using tape to give a clean line and it looks pretty neat!

Thanks Karren!!

I thought of this because I saw a woman today with a really clean edge but I didn't think that she probably used tape!! I just figured she used a q-tip to wipe it off LOL

Yeah!! Plain scotch tape works great.. Think I saw it in a tut or in the book "Eye Candy" which is a sweet book on eye shadows!!

I usually do a softer edge, but occasionally I'll do a sharp edge if I want a stronger/funkier look!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah!! Plain scotch tape works great.. Think I saw it in a tut or in the book "Eye Candy" which is a sweet book on eye shadows!! That book is so much fun to look through! I look at it almost every time I go to Borders, but I haven't bought it yet. lol!

I always do a natural edge... but I've never actually got out my Scotch tape and tried a look with a crisp edge even after all these years. So I'm biased lol. I've been meaning to try it forever and I think it looks really neat.

It depends what kind of look I'm doing. If I want something a bit dramatic and cool I'll do a sharper edge but usually I'll do a natural edge. Even if I'm doing a sharp edge I'll still blend a tiny bit though, cos I don't like it to look too sharp.

natural definately. I usually wear really bright coloured eyeshadows and find it stops it looking so harsh

Usually i go for the more natural unless Im going out and want it to be more dramatic.

I've been doing a lot of sharp edge looks lately. I use to use tape, but now I just use a wipey or a makeup remover (Mac)wipe
wink.gif

natural. i like to smudge and blend and buff it all out with my brush. a sharp edge just looks a little too harsh on my face.

natural. I think especially with dramatic looks, a sharp edge can end up looking like I just don't know how to apply makeup properly, rather than something Iv'e done on purpose.

I much prefer to blend and have something that is less sharp
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I usually do a softer edge, but occasionally I'll do a sharp edge if I want a stronger/funkier look!
smile.gif

That book is so much fun to look through! I look at it almost every time I go to Borders, but I haven't bought it yet. lol!

I actually bought it here through the "For Sale Forum" last year... Trying the different looks with the book handy make all the difference!! Haven't done all 50 yet but I'm working on it!

Back