Thinking of quitting smoking...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Using the electronic cigarette. A lady at work has one and she's used it for a month or two and really likes it.

Someone on another board posted a link to a site that sells them much cheaper than I've heard of, and so far, she's liking hers. The lady at work paid over $200, and the one I'm thinking about is like $50, and IT'S PINK, lol.

Prices here in FL have already gone up, and are set to go up again sometime soon, to like $8 a pack. That's just ridiculous. $25 a carton, I can handle, but $80?? Screw that. And, I need to get my ass healthy. I have a myriad of little things wrong with me, that add up to me now being fat, lazy, and always tired. Maybe not smoking is the nudge I need in the right direction.

Sooo....anyone here use the e-cig? I'm thinking about ordering it when hubby gets home from work in a couple hours.

Have you thought about getting hyponotized instead? I apologize for the misspelling. My Mother died from smoking related Head and Neck Cancer and I have never smoked. I have never heard of an electronic cig. Good luck!
smile.gif

My MIL quit using hypnosis.. 20 years ago.. They convinced her she was a non-smoker and that was it..

I can't say if it's any good as I don't smoke, but I just wanted to say that I wish you the best in quitting! I know it's not easy...
smile.gif

yup husband uses them and its much nicer.. no more nasty smokers breath..

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif yup husband uses them and its much nicer.. no more nasty smokers breath.. Can you tell me where he ordered them from??
Also, I know you can get flavored cartridges, like cherry, strawberry, etc...but the site I wanna order from doesn't have them, I'd have to order from somewhere else. So...are all e-cig cartridges universal? One brand fits in any e-cig??

Originally Posted by Fataliya /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can you tell me where he ordered them from??
Also, I know you can get flavored cartridges, like cherry, strawberry, etc...but the site I wanna order from doesn't have them, I'd have to order from somewhere else. So...are all e-cig cartridges universal? One brand fits in any e-cig??

No, unfortunately all cartridges do not work with all brands. Congrats on deciding to switch over to electronic cigarettes! I have a few (InLife, Green Smoke, and Luci) and I loooooooove mine! The day after I received my first one (InLife Royale), I went from one pack per day to 2 cigarettes per day! It's great to be able to walk upstairs without getting winded, haha.
smile.gif

Anyway, here are some links that helped me when I was shopping for e-cigs, and I think they can help you, too! And, they all have flavored cartridges like you were looking for:

greensmokes.blogspot.com

myinlife.com/greensmokes

And here are some videos that review e-cigs and talk about how they work:

youtube.com/healthysmokes

Hope these help, and good luck!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Pragmatic1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif No, unfortunately all cartridges do not work with all brands. Congrats on deciding to switch over to electronic cigarettes! I have a few (InLife, Green Smoke, and Luci) and I loooooooove mine! The day after I received my first one (InLife Royale), I went from one pack per day to 2 cigarettes per day! It's great to be able to walk upstairs without getting winded, haha.
smile.gif

Anyway, here are some links that helped me when I was shopping for e-cigs, and I think they can help you, too! And, they all have flavored cartridges like you were looking for:

greensmokes.blogspot.com

myinlife.com/greensmokes

And here are some videos that review e-cigs and talk about how they work:

youtube.com/healthysmokes

Hope these help, and good luck!
smile.gif

Thanks, Bookmarked, and now i'm gonna go check em out!!

Well husband uses Egar ones, which is an Oz company/importer. egar.com.au

great price deals, the cartridges last ages, he brought his about 6months ago and got about 100 cartridges, hasn't gone through them yet and he was a heavy heavy smoker, he would of brought at least 3 packets a month and ciggarettes in Oz are expensive $15 a pack, so as he isn't buying them anymore we have saved money already.Original cost was $160 with 2 spare batteries,charger and 100 cartridges in the medium MG.

He didn't buy the falvoured ones as he owns an Agilli (see picture below) and he uses flavoured stuff when smoking that.

04.jpg

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well husband uses Egar ones, which is an Oz company/importer. egar.com.au
great price deals, the cartridges last ages, he brought his about 6months ago and got about 100 cartridges, hasn't gone through them yet and he was a heavy heavy smoker, he would of brought at least 3 packets a month and ciggarettes in Oz are expensive $15 a pack, so as he isn't buying them anymore we have saved money already.Original cost was $160 with 2 spare batteries,charger and 100 cartridges in the medium MG.

He didn't buy the falvoured ones as he owns an Agilli (see picture below) and he uses flavoured stuff when smoking that.

http://www.minpaku.ac.jp/english/mus...sia/img/04.jpg

Holy CRAP, $15 a pack?? And there's only like, 20 cig's in a pack?
I bet you're saving a lot of money then, good for you guys!!

I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the link I posted. I like the thought of getting a pink one, and it's like $60.

Now I just need to find a little carrying case for it, so it'll fit in my "work purse".

Great idea
smile.gif
I liked the pink one too lol.. but husband didn't want to get it (i wonder why??? hehehe)

Good on you for taking steps to quitting hun
smile.gif

Back