What Gets Under Your Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the one thing people know not to do to you to avoid setting you off? I'm not a confrontational person at all and am known for being too nice but one thing you do not do is mess with my son. I'm not ignorant when it comes to his wrongdoings at all. I'll listen and deal with him, all you gotta do is tell me what's the problem and that's all there is to it. Once I nearly jumped on some punk mouth teen that had the nerve to yell at my son for picking up her toddler's toy (he was being helpful) after the little girl dropped it and couldn't reach down to get it. My husband had to calmed me down bc I was so riled up. I've never gotten all motherly before like that so I was actually very surprised that it came out of me lol.

So what really gets to you?

If people are *****y or say things about my friends.

I care much more about them than I do about myself. If someone was spreading crap about me or name calling I'd be like whatever, I'm quite calm in those situations. These people can say whatever they like about me, they're only making themselves look stupid because I will never retaliate.

When it's my friends it's a different story. That's when I'm not so calm and I bite back.

People that kiss ass to get what they want or don't tell the whole truth about their projects!!! There's a couple coworkers that just sweet talk management all the time.... And it so transparent what they are doing.. I tend to tell them what I think or what the reality of the situation is no mater who's the audience.. The truth is the truth and I'm not going to change it so I sound more politically correct!! Just pisses me off big time that I have to put up with idiots like that..

The one thing that really gets me is when people start cracking jokes when I'm angry/upset. Just because it really feels like they're not taking me seriously. My dad is the master of this. lol. That's the biggest thing that gets under my skin.

I was just thinking earlier about how it annoys me when people say "irregardless". It doesn't set me off or anything, it's just an annoyance. Regardless means without regard. So irregardless would be not without regard...meaning with regard to whatever it is you're referring to. lol.

When the ppl at work pound on my wall or slam shut my door or open it up if it's closed... That hazing thing is ANNOYING!!! Lone female or not, it really pisses me off...

i very rarely get angry, i think the few times i hae it was because someone was threatening to ruin something of mine.

a lot of things actually. People who are arrogant, people who always have to complain about everything, people who are rude to waiters/sales assistants etc. Girls who call other girls sluts/whores/whatever just cause they are insecure.

And ultra conservatives and ultra religious people. And anti-abortion activists.

lol I get angry really easily, but I rarely let it out

Lazy asses. Ok, i'm one i admit, but i do my job, i don't expect others to do it for me.

People who complain about their illness/pain and use it as a way to make you do their task. Pain isn't an excuse for laziness.

although i never retaliate, manners are something i value in public places. So i really hate when people talk loudly, on the phone or not, and wash their laundry in public. Being in a bus or the underground is a big increase factor.

People who drive like idiots and then I get 10x more pissed when I find out that they are also on their cell phone! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Having to repeat myself.

Hypocrisy,Ignorance,Stupidity and generalistions.

When someone runs their mouth off and casts judgement on others beliefs/cultures/religion without even trying to find out anything about it before speaking.. ( i guess that falls under ignorance and stupidity aswell)

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Having to repeat myself.
Hypocrisy,Ignorance,Stupidity and generalistions.

When someone runs their mouth off and casts judgement on others beliefs/cultures/religion without even trying to find out anything about it before speaking.. ( i guess that falls under ignorance and stupidity aswell)

I'm totally with ya!

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif When someone runs their mouth off and casts judgement on others beliefs/cultures/religion without even trying to find out anything about it before speaking.. ( i guess that falls under ignorance and stupidity aswell) Yes, I'm there with ya too! That original post was really a rant cuz my co-workers were getting on my nerves just then, lol!
*Edit* It could be my hormones, but I wanna add: Ppl who post on forums and don't use proper punctuation so their thoughts make no sense...

Please please please #1 first and foremost, dont mess with my children. I had a playdate with a girl Sunday and some tired woman pulled that card with me and I almost dug into her behind.

I hate people that think that cursing is the norm, and do it in public. Whether children are there or not its just childish.

I hate repeating myself to people my age...wtf are wrong with your ears?

And like I said in another thread, people that seek an ego boost. Need to be publicly validated by as many people as they can get to kiss their behinds. gross!

People that drive slow in the passing lane..you have no idea how much that pisses me off, I drive 40 miles to and from work, all highway and it drives me CRAZY!

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif a lot of things actually. People who are arrogant, people who always have to complain about everything, people who are rude to waiters/sales assistants etc. Girls who call other girls sluts/whores/whatever just cause they are insecure.And ultra conservatives and ultra religious people. And anti-abortion activists.

lol I get angry really easily, but I rarely let it out

I'm with you on all of these as well.

Rudeness, lack of manners, lack of common sense, lack of self control. All those push my buttons, but I rarely let it show. I will "vent" to my family sometimes, but that's about it. Oh, and people who are mean to the elderly, children and animals. That really makes me angry and sick.

OMG i just read a title of topic-What gets under your skirt?
biggrin.gif
LOL, but, forgive me, i'm foreign
biggrin.gif

Let;s go to the point.I hate when some people are feeling better and more worthy than everybody else.It makes them look ,in my eyes like stupid creatures with huge ego.

I hate nationalists-it's so f.....(sorry:p)stupid-it shows they are smallminded

When I'm in a huge rush and there are people in front of me taking up the whole path and just dawdling. I hate that.

Oh and when people just stand outside the doorway of a shop having a conversation and don't move when I'm trying to get out/in.

Back