New findings on Throat Cancer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FitSugar Reports that - cup of hot tea can be soothing on a cold day, but a new study urges you to think about the temperature of your beverage before you start sipping. Drinking scalding hot tea that is greater than 158°F (70°C) has been shown to increase the risk of throat cancer. Participants in the study who made black tea and drank it two minutes after pouring were five times as likely to develop throat cancer as compared to those who let their tea sit for four or more minutes. Researchers think the relationship between super-hot tea and cancer is connected to repeated injury to the lining of the throat

I didn't know this but cancer of the esophagus is one of the deadliest cancers out there, and 500,000 people worldwide die each year from it. So take preventative measures by allowing your hot tea to cool so that it's warm or lukewarm, and less than 149°F (65°C).

Unfortunately, there's more bad news when it comes to esophageal cancer. If you drink alcohol then you'll want to read more.

Another study shows that a person who experiences a red face or flushing after drinking alcohol may have an increased risk of developing esophageal cancer. About one-third of Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans display this red-face phenomenon, accompanied by an increased heart rate and nausea. It's cause by an inherited lack of an enzyme called aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2). Many doctors are unaware that ALDH2-deficient people have this elevated risk, and they should be since the survival rate of esophageal cancer is really low, about 15.6 percent. Even moderate drinkers are at risk, so for those who suffer from a red face after drinking, it's best to avoid alcohol.

Source - Two Popular Beverages Linked to Throat Cancer | tea, Health, Cancer | FitSugar - Fitness, Health & Well-being

Me too ! I think it's simply related to your body's temperature, too hot beverages can burn, and too cold water can give you a headache, right ?

thanks for the info. i don't like to drink hot stuff anyways, never have, it has to be warm or cold. man is there anything we can do that doesn't cause or increase our chance of cancer?? everytime i turn around it's something.

I guess since it's a temperature thing than I have to be careful with my coffee too.

Cold beer doesn't cause cancer does it?
smile.gif
. Yet?

Beer itself causes Cancer Karren
wink.gif

Interesting thread. Thanks for the post.

I'll stop drinking hot drinks but I draw the line somewhere!! And since I only drink like 3 beers a year! Lol. Got to die from something!!

there was some studies that oral sex is a cause of throat cancer.. is that true?what is your opinion on these people?

Back