Best foundation for coverage and natural look

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please give your findings for your top 3 mineral foundations that gave you-

1) Solid coverage with a natural appearance

2) Lasted at least 1/2 the day with no worries

I myself feel that AWG & Joppa's foundation last me at least half day without touch up
smile.gif
But it's also depends on the weather,I am from singapore & the weather here HOT like HELL!!!!!sometimes I do touch up , but most of the times I no need.

My EDM samples arrived today and I just converted. I think their semi-matte formula offers buildable coverage- it could be complete if I got heavy handed- and it looks totally natural.

I've been wearing it all afternoon and evening and it still looks (and feels) great. If I don't break out in a week, EDM will be like gold to me. But less expensive.

Originally Posted by sarahk /img/forum/go_quote.gif Please give your findings for your top 3 mineral foundations that gave you-
1) Solid coverage with a natural appearance

2) Lasted at least 1/2 the day with no worries

I have only tried two brands of mineral foundations so far and I would say Everyday Minerals is the best for me. It offers great coverage, natural looking and last long on my face although I am living in a country where it is hot and humid

My HG is still Meow's Flawless Feline - unbelievable natural coverage and it's stays on. I use their oily skin primer and it's lasts the whole day for me!

Lueur Jeune and Coastal Scents are new names that I haven't found. I will look them up and would love to try them. I have many samples on the way and over the weekend I tried Cover Me from Egminerals and am amazed at the coverage and how nice it lasts. So far this is nothing like any other mineral foundations that I have used in the past and I quite like it. I have samples yet to arrive from

Cory

Joppa

Monave

Fyrinnae -eye shadows

The She Space - eye shadows

Taylormade - eye shadows

Lumiere

I've tried lots of foundations and none have looked as natural or lasted all day without feathering or separating on my skin like Cover Me from EGM. For me it's been the best. I've never had a breakout from it either. EGM's eye shadows and blushes are excellent too. If you like The She Space, Aromaleigh and Fyrinnae then you'll love their eye shadows. Tons to choose from too.

I love the eye shadow pigments from Earthen glow minerals, Fyrinnae, and the she space. They are excellent.

I still have many orders yet to arrive and find myself placing many more from both newly found companies and my new favorites mentioned above.

I have been using LaurEss for years now and I never have had to touch up during the day, Never! I tried Meow and EDM but they didn't last on my skin. I am interested in trying EGminerals to see how it will work for me. I have seen several posters saying it didn't work for them so I will hold my expectations to a realistic level
wink.gif
anyone know what color would match LaurEss Radiant Gold or Radiant Ivory?

For me Lauress looks great and lasts long. Edm looks good also but disappears in a few hours.

I would think that Elle and Theoda look closest to the Lauress colors you've mentioned. Email them and they can give you a closer clue in but I've worn and like Lauress too and wear pure and warm gold mixed. EGM is having a 30% off sale on everything so now's a good time to try. They didn't list an end date to the sale.

As more samples have arrived and I've tested them I am weeding out those that do not work for me and those that do I'm sorting them as maybe back ups for my as to this date favorite Cover Me.

By far the best coverage and natural look goes to Lueur Jeune. I love their Ultra Cover foundation. I like a few others like EDM Intensive but Lueur Jeune is my favorite.

Cory, most definitely. I've also had excellent luck with Mineral Silk, which goes on gorgeously with a damp flat-top brush application.

Speaking of which, I need to sample out some more Cory shades - the one I have is way too light for me now!

I loved the coverage and stayingpower of Lauress, but sadly i could not find a match for my skintone. They are really worth trying out. I had a few bumps on my skin the first times i tried my samples out, but that went away when i was still trying to find my match. The formula i tried was named Elementhal, i think. Very good coverage without using too much, and not drying. They also have formulas for oily skin etc.

I like a few

Lauress - very good on my skin, natural and coverage was good but not last as long as Cory or Egm.

Cory's - last very long and covers excellent but must take care as will look chalky as day goes or if too much used.

Egm - still using many samples but love so much Coverme and YouthGlows on my skin. Looks natural and covers well also last as day goes.

I'd definitely say EGM Cover Me. Excellent coverage and lasts all day with no problems. Natural finish too.

Back