Shea butter results!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The shea butter I got from VitaminShoppe is okay.

It mosturizes my a hair a little but not alot.
bawling.gif

Am I doing something wrong? Or is my hair just weird?

Should I try something else?

How are you using the Shea butter? Is there a recipe you're trying to perfect?

Are you wrapping your hair at night? Twisting it?

I rub it between my palms and use it as a mosturizer 2 times a day.

I don't mixed it with anything else.

I sometimes wrap my hair.

I would search online for recipes that other ppl have come up with and use them as a starting point to tweak for myself. And then twist/wrap my hair at night.

I know I may have mentioned this before but where can I find REAL silk pillow cases.

The ones at the hair stores tear the shitake out of my hair.

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know I may have mentioned this before but where can I find REAL silk pillow cases.The ones at the hair stores tear the shitake out of my hair.

Sally's carries real silk pillows.

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif The shea butter I got from VitaminShoppe is okay.It mosturizes my a hair a little but not alot.
bawling.gif

Am I doing something wrong? Or is my hair just weird?

Should I try something else?

Did you get UNREFINED shea butter? A lot of stores sell shea butter mixed with other ingredients, make sure it says unrefined, raw or 100% pure shea butter on the packaging and nothing else on the back..or you can just use pure shea butter oil. I find that it works better for my hair than most. I use solid shea butter for my skin and oil for my hair. If I were you I would search online for 100% natural pure products with nothing added.

You want organic/100% shea butter, preferably West African. Refined shea is worthless. Massage a good amount into your hair and scalp, coat it good. Cover it with a plastic cap and sleep with it in your hair or sit under a dryer for 30 minutes. If you can't get your hands on any I'd recommend Cantu sheau butter leave in conditioner. It's like $5.00 and shea is the second product on the ingredient listing. I have type 4b/c natural African American kinky hair and it works wonders.

Usually a butter is used to seal in the moisture, not necessarily add moisture. Have you applied it on slightly damp hair? Maybe that will help.

is it possible that your hair is allready properly moisturized, but it needs protien? if that is the case it would give you the results where it seems like the shea butter is just not doing much to help your hair feel softer.

you may want to try going to sallys and getting one of those 99 cent packs that is the sallys ion brand they have a protien treatment, i would do that as instructed and than put a bit of shea butter into your hair after and it should feel a ton better

Back