Applying Mineral Makeup Wet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After applying my mineral foundation, I like to spritz my face with a rosewater+glycerin mix I have and then pat it in with my brush. I like to do this as it looks less cakey and powdery.

Are there any other techniques I could try to do a wet application?

Thanks
smile.gif

When i want to apply my foundation wet i just spray some water on my brush and then swirl in the lid.

I use both methods but find the spritzing my face after the mineral powder is applied to be the easiest and less messy method. Dayna had given a nice tutorial about applying foundation powder damp using a red cosmetic cleansing sponge. It gives a really nice finish but I get the same using just a spritzer bottle too. Both are nice and help the foundation to last longer and look slightly dewy without oily.

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use both methods but find the spritzing my face after the mineral powder is applied to be the easiest and less messy method. Dayna had given a nice tutorial about applying foundation powder damp using a red cosmetic cleansing sponge. It gives a really nice finish but I get the same using just a spritzer bottle too. Both are nice and help the foundation to last longer and look slightly dewy without oily. I could not find the tutorial by Dayna. Can someone get a link for this? Thanks
smile.gif

I mist the brush with water (I use an EDM flat-top foundation brush) and swirl the damp brush in the foundation to coat. I do half my face at a time, re-misting and loading in between.

I don't do wet application with Cory foundation, though. It doesn't seem to like it for some reason!

Back