Mineral Makeup for Dry skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My skin has been changing and is much drier than it used to be. I was wondering if there are any that are a good for dry skin?

i don't know anything about mineral make up, but i have heard that if your skin is dry, always ALWAYS use moisturizer before applying your makeup. If your skin is dry, it will suck up anything applied to it looking for that moisture. you don't want all that stuff in yours pores! =] gross!

I would think that dry skin could wear any mineral makeup that doesn't include Kaolin Clay or a great deal of Zinc Oxide.

Thanks for the replies! For foundations I've used BE and Fyrinnae. Both are good, but by mid day, my skin feels and looks dry, kind of rough almost. It doesn't look as nice and smooth as it did in the morning. I've even tried using a rich cream and most recently shea butter. It helps, but it's not enough.

I did some research last night and found Joppa Minerals. They have a few different foundations, which include a formula specifically for dry skin. So I ordered a couple of foundation shades. I have a good feeling about this mineral powder. Plus, their foundations are on sale too!

Fyrinnae is very drying. I have oily skin and think it works better for oily skin.

I think Barefaced Minerals has a foundation with vitamin E in it. The coverage and look of this foundation was nice I just kept looking for something better for my oily skin and found it with EGM.

I also think Lumiere has a foundation with squalene in it and one with Silk powder that helps against dryness.

I never tried Joppa's foundation for dry skin but good luck.

I also have very dry skin and have found several MMU foundations that I like. I like EDM matte foundation, Coastal Scents, and Lueur Jeune house blend. They also have a dry skin formula but I actually liked the house blend better. You should try and order a few samples from each one and see if you like any of them. Also, liked the other said, make sure you use a very good moisturizer. The make-up helps but can't work by itself. Hope this info can help you a little bit.

I like EGM liquid foundation. It's not oily but is a little moisturizing when I had dry patches from too much exfoliating I think. I had custom made color and it is perfect. I wear a little Rice powder over it for finish and set.

Back