Going to bed hungry

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys

Ok iv been losing weight slowly over 2 years and so far iv lost 2 stone and maintained this for over a year.

Recently since iv lost my job,so i kick started losing weight again as Id like to get to a size 14 so think i need to lose another 2 stone.

Anyway because im a little unfit iv been using my wii fit for 30 minutes for the last fews days and im sweating and aching at the end of it.

Im havng 3 meals a day and having fruit if I get peckish.

My problem is that I have my evening meal around 5-6 o clockish with another piece of fruit later, but when im heading to bed about 10-11 o clock im starting to get hungry.Im not having anything then but for the past 3 mornings iv woken about 5 am and my stomach is burning with hunger.

I know im not suppose to eat late or before gong to bed but is there anything I can do/eat before I go to bed?

Thanks and sorry for the long post

Sometimes when I'm real hungry before bed I will eat a banana... since bananas tend to make you sleepy vs protein (peanuts, etc..) which will tend to wake you up.... I've never been hungry enough to wake me up though...

I think its a case of il stir from my sleep after getting wrapped in the blanket or some bloody seagulls outside my window then realise how hungry I am and then I struggle to get back to sleep.

Maybe you could a snack in between the meals. Say breakfast, small snack, lunch, small snack, dinner, and then drink water the rest of the night. This really helps me and keeps me from feeling bloated in the morning too. Of course, I would have a talk with a professional first incase something on your medical history needs to be addressed first.

I second Adrienne's post.

Try drinking, sometimes we mix up the hunger and thirst signals so try drinking a herbal infusion for example. If you're still hungry, go for a banana, i like to eat a plain yogurt or apple compote.

Ok guys

Iv been drinking a little more tonight.Il take something to drink to bed with me and see if it helps.

smaller meals more frequently, sugars at night including fruits aren't the best idea. Im on a high protein diet eating every 3hrs and its working really well for me.

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif smaller meals more frequently, sugars at night including fruits aren't the best idea. Im on a high protein diet eating every 3hrs and its working really well for me. This is a good idea, 3 meals with healthy snacks inbetween about every 3 hours apart. Also if you're dying stay away from carbs. A protein shake, lowfat milk, or lowfat cottage cheese is best late at night

Cottage cheese is fantastic. Fairly low amount of sugar and lots of slow digesting casein.

Optimum Nutrition and Higher Power's casein powders are great for pre-bed protein, and won't make you feel fatigued in the morning.

I usually eat a banana or have some fruit yoghurt.. sometimes munch on some cornflakes - i usually eat the Kellogs slim one.

u are feeling hungry at night because you are not eatting enough during your day time. try eatting a bigger breakfast and lunch and then have a smaller meal at night. it is better to eat more during the day becus you are going to burn those calories during the day.

I'd try maybe eating at between 6 and 7 instead, and having water a bit later on, maybe around 8 or 9 - or some tea

Lol every time I read the title of this thread it reminds me of that book, 'where the wild things are' where the male character goes to bed without supper because he's so naughty

Bananas are bad before bed! they are full of sugar! The potassium in them makes you sleepy. The best bet is to go for casein protein meal replacement depending on the kind it can take 6-10 hours to digest! If your hardcore get some oats, 2 raw eggs put in a glass and top up 50/50 with water and milk. This is really good but can be a bit hard to stomach for some.

Most protein supplements frequently cause gas and bloating problems

Raw eggs
sick.gif

Thanks for all the replies guys, sorry iv not updated for a while.I started a new job about a month ago so been really busy!Not having the trouble anymore as im having breakfast and dinner and snacking every break time which is helping.

Unfortunatly because of the time i finish im eating again between 9-10pm but only somehting very light and healthy

I heard not eating 2-3 hours before you sleep helps you lose weight??? never tried it so I woulnd't recommend it

Depends what you eat.

Protein is fine before bed, since your body will use it while you sleep. Casein is fairly gentle and takes a long time to digest, so that's an ideal choice.

Whereas carbs would not be utilized by your body while you sleep, since it's a fuel source, so it's best to avoid it close to bedtime

I eat two meals a day. Sometimes not even two. Generally I get hunger pangs in the morning when I am at work. Between 8am and 9am. I have an awesome chef more than willing to make me anything I want but if I give in I gain weight so fast it is disturbing so to ward off the hunger pangs I generally have a slice or two of beef jerky and am satisfied until lunchtime which is my first meal of the day. If I wake up at 5am which is almost my rise time anyways, i just suck down a green tea or coffee and am good to go. I know I have a lousy diet and am not a good source of advice but the beef jerky does do the trick for me and I don't end up gaining any weight because of it.

Back