Best pressed powder for oily skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm 23 and have very oily skin, its not bad in the fall/winter, but once the summer rolls around, after an hour, its like someone slathered my face with oil. In addition to that, I still get 2-3 small pimples on my chin once a week and when my skin gets clogged up with makeup and oil, I know there will be more pimples in the morning. I've used benefit get even for the longest time and was pretty happy with the results, but I'm on a budget now and need something cheaper that works just as well. I also have some redness and discoloration from acne scarring when I was in high school.

Is there anything I can find at chain stores like wal-mart/target? We also have Merle Norman near by

. I usually order stuff online, but its been hit and miss lately.

I've tried maybelline finish matte pressed powder because it got such raving reviews on makeupalley, but it provides absolutely no coverage for me.

thank you
frown.gif

Merle Norman's Luxiva Powder foundation is great! It's one of very few products that doesn't break me out. The coverage is also buildable and it wears well throughout the day. =)

If you're looking for coverage, I'd look for a powder foundation rather than a powder.
smile.gif

ETA: I quite like Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder.

Back