Jane Mineral Gel Eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey! I'm a newbie to the boards, and a newbie to makeup in general (well, anything more fancy than clear lip gloss and some mascara. heh.)

So, I picked up the Jane Mineral Gel Eyeliner in Black a while ago, and I like it. For me, it stays put better than anything else I've tried so far. (Got the damn small eyes, where when I open them, you can't see any lid, really.)

ANYHOO, I saw some more on sale this weekend, and picked it up in Wine color..BUT, when I opened it up at home, it's all dried out...not at all the gel-ly consistency of the other. Almost looks like a cream eyeshadow, but when I went to mix it up, got crumbly and chunky.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Make it salvageable? Will adding some water and letting it sit help, or is there a better option on something to add?

Thanks for any help! I'm totally loving the tutorials, and looking forward to learning lots.

Tbh, I would try to exchange it first before trying to fix. I would worry about contaminating my eyes if I added something. I had the wine color too and it seemed drier than the regular black one.

Definitely don't add water to it as that will ruin it and could cause contamination. Try to take it back. If you can't try adding a little Visine to it.

These do dry out rather quickly. In fact I would say that upon initial purchase mine were rather tacky/dry but they still apply well. I have found that this is simply their consistency. I agree that adding water is not likely a good idea due to potential contamination of the product.

Visine or glycerin would be the best I'd recommend.

I actually tried baby oil in a desperate attempt and worked really well as welll.

I always seem to pick up the dried out mascaras. I've added water to those in a desperate attempt and it worked alright - but I would, like the others said, try to exchange it.

Back