Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok girls im not so good at figuring out what is a good foundation or how to use it i keep hearing about primer? and other things of that sort and so im really confused can some 1 PLEASE HELP ME
nzd.gif

I guess it really depends what you're looking for in a foundation. Some give a dewey look, others are more powdery, for some people heavy coverage is important, other people want something sheer, or with sun protection.

I myself really like Lancome Color Ideal - it's quite heavy coverage, although it feels like on the skin.

With regards to primer, it helps the makeup to stay in place longer, and also works with the foundation to give a more flawless finish. I use one by an Australian brand, napoleon perdis, but there are many others on the market.

Well you gotta figure out if you have oily skin, dry skin etc Acne Do you want full coverage or just a tint! Than you decide if you have light medium or dark skin ! Do you prefer a matte or dewt finish ? Mac, lancome even drugstore brands have foundations that are oil free and so on I hope this helped out a bit Best thing is to go to Any makeup counter and let them choose your best shade
smile.gif

i like full coverage i do have some acne and slighty oily face lighter color iono im not the brightest color in the box when it comes to these sort of thing lol

I agree. Go to one of the big counters and ask them to suggest something.

Alternatively, maybe go to sephora and ask them to colour match you? I've heard a lot of great things about Make Up Forever HD, we don't have access to it here so I haven't tried it myself but it sounds great!

thats where i got my last stuff i got bare minerals and its totally screwed my face up i never had acne as bad as i do now it i bought it thinking it would be good for my skin considering all the hype about it

yep bare minerals made my sister's face break out a lot!

if you want a light natural finish, Bobbi Brown's foundation is good

i heard Revlon's foundation is also good..

for two-way cake foundation+powder, i use Mac's Studio Fix. it's oil free and have just enough coverage for me..

I am not sure anymore which foundation suits me, everyone I own failes me at the moment.

I don't suggest MAC foundations, half of the people who buy them end up having allergic issues. Bare minerals was a bad way to try out minerals, we are also many who broke out of it. You could try Makeup Forever, the face&body foundation as well as the HD one seem to be good products.

The primer can also have an oil control so if you're extremely oily, you could consider one. MAC has a blot powder that's nice for that purpose too.

i tried mac studio fix b4 and i liked it but im not the richest gal so i try to get more for my buck unfortunately but im begining to learn you get what you pay for in some cases so i might jus have to bit emy nails and get it lol also does any1 have any recommendations on face wash cause ive been using biore and its not doin me any good
frown.gif

well you can try maybelline's mineral power which is really good-has never made my face breakout. I can also recommend Loreal's true match (works extremely well for me)

I am a HUGE advocate of Lancome foundation. I use Tient Idole Ultra. I suffered through an acne phase at one point in my life, so I am very careful with what I put on my face. This is stuff is soo incredibly light but makes your skin so even. Also, I can apply it with my fingertips and it still looks great! It is a little pricey, but totally worth it.

Back