Cyndi Lauper and Lady GaGa MAC Campaign

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This info is credited to BunnyBunnyBunny over at specktra.net, I just wanted to know what you all think...

28376171.jpg

Cover by David LaChapelle and makeup by M.A.C. artist Sharon Gault!

While describing Lady GaGa's hectic schedule, author Brian Hiatt says, "... [in New York] she'll shoot a M.A.C. Cosmetics campaign with [Cyndi] Lauper..."

Later in the article, he describes a photoshoot where "...Marilyn Monroe is singing "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" on a photo-studio sound system, and Lady Gaga and a youthful-looking Cyndi Lauper are staddling giant pink lipstick tubes as flashbulbs pop. "It's like a penis!" Gaga says, playing the igenue. They're wearing near-matching Jetsons-style red dresses , and Lauper keeps giving her younger counterpart little tips in her thick New York accent: "Put your leg out like that, it's more flattering. Arch your back! Stick out your butt and puff your chest."

"She's a doll," Lauper says of Gaga afterward."

What do you think of a GaGa/Cyndi collection? As Bunny posted it could possibly be the next viva glam campaign or icon collection.

Personally I like GaGa's music, but I'm soooo sick of her!

I love Cyndi Lauper. I grew up with her music, the good ole days but I have never heard of lady Gaga. Cyndi looks really nice on the cover hopefully this will inspire her to make another album.

I can't wait to see what they come up with. Just from reading the article, it sounds like a hot mess on a collision course with a train wreck exploding into a WTF. You know, kinda like that Hello Kitty video.

I think them two together would actually be pretty hot makeup. I wouldn't be surprised if mac used Lady Gaga next.

I cannot wait to see this campaign. Cyndi Lauper and Gaga together? How could it not be fabulous? Both of them have so much fun with their makeup and are never afraid to take risks. They are the ideal faces for MAC. Also- love the David LaChapelle cover!

Not the collection for me. Sure I don't mind either artist's music, but I think both of them have attrocious makeup and fashion sense!

Quote:
I can't wait to see what they come up with. Just from reading the article, it sounds like a hot mess on a collision course with a train wreck exploding into a WTF. You know, kinda like that Hello Kitty video. LOL! 100% agree!

Originally Posted by ohsoglam /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't wait to see what they come up with. Just from reading the article, it sounds like a hot mess on a collision course with a train wreck exploding into a WTF. You know, kinda like that Hello Kitty video. There's no better way to put it!

I hadn't even remembered that mac had an HK preview til I read and went to see the video on youtube. That video was truly atrocious! I felt dirty in a weird way watching those men dance strangly with the HK heads on Lol!

Originally Posted by Jazzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love Cyndi Lauper. I grew up with her music, the good ole days but I have never heard of lady Gaga. Cyndi looks really nice on the cover hopefully this will inspire her to make another album. When I was in highschool,I grew up with Cyndi as well. Here's to the good ol' days!!

I like Lady Gagas music,reminds me of techo/disco music.

Back