Does your friend think she's better than you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does she (or he!) think they're better than you because you wear makeup and they don't? I know my friend does, she always makes a point to say "I don't like wearing makeup!" "It makes me feel disgusting!" and "How can you put this crap on your face?" whenever I shop for it or I put some on. So what about you? By the way, yes! I am new
biggrin.gif

Never had any issues like that when I was younger, and I certainly don't now.

Welcome ! I've never had such comments on my makeup, i'm probably the only one of all them that wears a full face of makeup, but it's never been an issue. A lady's beauty comes from the inside anyway.

Welcome to MuT
smile.gif

I had one friend like that but she's not a friend anymore for the same reason. She would insinuate that by me wearing makeup that she was prettier bc she felt she didn't need to and that I somehow depended on it. If I picked up a new blush she'd call it a waste of money and say she'd lucky she doesn't need that stuff.
plain.gif
Well, last I saw her, she's loves it all by the cakes and it's not pretty. Other than that, any of my other girlfriends love my stash and love the looks I do on them so no complaints there.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Welcome to MuT
smile.gif

I had one friend like that but she's not a friend anymore for the same reason. She would insinuate that by me wearing makeup that she was prettier bc she felt she didn't need to and that I somehow depended on it. If I picked up a new blush she'd call it a waste of money and say she'd lucky she doesn't need that stuff.
plain.gif
Well, last I saw her, she's loves it all by the cakes and it's not pretty. Other than that, any of my other girlfriends love my stash and love the looks I do on them so no complaints there.

Wow, that sounds just like my friend! I don't think I would ever let her go because of that though, she's my closest friend. Interesting how she changed her mind like that all of a sudden, sounds like she could use a few tips from you
wink.gif

It was the result of that kind of attitude all the time. I don't like negativity and it got to the point that I dreaded spending time with her
frown.gif
. I guess she found out what was so addicting lol.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif It was the result of that kind of attitude all the time. I don't like negativity and it got to the point that I dreaded spending time with her
frown.gif
. I guess she found out what was so addicting lol. It really is! It's like you buy a lipgloss and it leads to everything else and before you know it you have no where to put all your makeup o_o;;

None of my friends say anything like that, luckily. The friends of mine that don't wear makeup don't have a problem with it, they're just too lazy to put it on lol.

Morgan, your sig makes me drool a little bit. LOL

i would say to each his own. why hang out with someone who is constantly putting you down. i would rather be alone. people don't think they are being insulting sometimes. they just say what is on their mind. i didn't wear much face make up but i used a lot of eye makeup. if you feel confident you look nice in make up tell her to buzz off. sometimes people say they don't like something because they don't know how to use it correctly. gotta look at the situation from all sides.

Not because she doesn't wear makeup and I do because we both do, I think she just thinks she's better than me in general.

I don't think I would call anyone a friend if they thought they were "better" than me. ESP if i knew about it!

I had a friend who was an incessant nag about everything and everyone. She always found the negative in everything. Yeah, I'm not her friend anymore for that very reason. I couldn't take it anymore. The funny thing is that the only we really could relate on is our love for makeup. Ha!

Luckily I don't have friends like that. It sounds like maybe she is unsure about using it herself. Quick way to find out... tie her down and do a MAC attack on her *grin*

usually people make me do their makeup because they're jealous that i do it so nice.

i've never had anyone think they were superior to me because i wear makeup. but i don't wear it every day either.

Back