Hi everyone

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I haven't been on the computer much due to my elbow. I'm still experiencing troubles with it, and I can only be on the computer for a short amount of time. The surgeon I go to doesn't know what the problem is and I sort of feel she is not that interested. I almost demanded a second opinion, but luckily she suggested it before I opened my mouth
wink.gif
This other surgeon is supposed to be really good and great bedside manners. After my appt with him, she will speak to him , go from there and contact me. It's likely a long wait to see him because I inquired a long time ago and was told it would be a year wait. However, hopefully when she contacts him I will get in sooner. I plan on asking him to help me instead. I don't want any more surgery, but if he thinks of something different maybe I will try again. I'm on a few different types of pain meds. Surgery is never guaranteed but I know something is not right with my elbow. Plus my wrist is becoming a problem again. Ugh! I try to keep a positive outlook and hope for the best.

Oh hun you just can get a break with that darn elbow! I'm glad to see you back online if only for a moment
smile.gif

Hi Shelley! Geez Louis it will be great when your arm is finally working right!

Great to see you on the forum!

How frustrating ! I hope that second surgeon can help you, and it's great to see you back online, even for a moment.

Awwwww. Shelley!! Great to see you again but I'm amazed that they can't figure this out.. Have you been doing any phyaical therapy?

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awwwww. Shelley!! Great to see you again, but I'm amazed that they can't figure this out.. Have you been doing any physical therapy? Thanks everyone! I go to physiotherapy but there is only so much they can do with my arm. My movement isn't too bad. The pain and other symptoms get in the way. I have a high pain tolerance and push myself, but I can only go so far. I know something isn't quite right. The surgeon I currently go to is.. meh. I'm not sure of her sometimes lol. I'm glad I will be getting a second opinion, and he is supposed to have good bedside manners, which will be a nice change.

Wow it seems like i have been reading about your arm since ive been on here! i really do hope it finally gets better.

Oh that sucks!
frown.gif
i hope you can find some answers with this new surgeon, hope your arm feels better soon!

So you can move your elbow in a good way but it's just a constant pain? Does it go away when you lie your arm to rest?

The elbow is a complicated part, with all the bones and joints and all, I hope it will work out great for you.

May be there is a nerve that's some sort of 'stuck' that causes the pain? Have you had an MRI?

Hi Shelley

sorry to hear you ate haveing so much trouble with your elbo
frown.gif

do pray the Drs can help

That bites
frown.gif
My cousin has many problems with his hand and arm such as carpal tunnel, trigger finger, and problems from old broken bones etc. After each operation he hoped for the best but problems came back. Like he said surgery is never guaranteed but he felt something wasn't quite right with the first surgeon he went to and his operations. He decided on a second opinon, liked the doctor much better both bedside manners and knowledge. His surgery was not too long ago and he already sees an improvement. So yes it is good you will be seeing someone else for a second opinion. The waiting is the hard part.. as you likely know the long waits to see surgeons in Canada but I hope this second doctor will see you soon. My cousin knows what it is like to be frustrated, the long waits, and in pain. I wish you the best! Let us know how it works out.

Back