*New Artist* What MAC products for a BRAND NEW kit?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm up and coming but would like to start a kit. I have easy access to a MAC Pro store so I'll be buying from there. Any suggestions as to what I should buy? Oviously I would like to purchase items to fit a large range of faces so any ideas would help! Eyes/Lips/Face...I need it all!

Also, I'm interested in getting a MAC Pro card and need suggestions as to how I can make that happen. I know I need to turn in specific info about me but any ideas as to what works better/worse would help.

Thanks!

To get a MAC Pro card you need two form of professional documentation, along with a photo id and the enrollment fees. Professional documentation that is accepted: diploma or certificate, license, business card with name and specific profession, head shot and resume, composite card, professional letter of employment, on a crew/call list of production Co. Letterhead. There are more, but everything must be current.. they are becoming a lot stricter on who gets a pro card now a days.

I'd start out with many foundation shades, some concealers, a pro blush palette, a pro e/s palette (or two..) good brushes, brush cleanser, setting powder, face and eye primers, lipsticks or a lip palette, glosses, liner, mascara, etc.

Some people melt their MAC lipsticks and put them in a palette form... it's easier for a MUA.

Good luck!

the basic colors of foundation i carry in my kit are 4 warm and 4 cool... i use nc15 nc25 nc35 nc45 nw15 nw25 nw35 nw45. i also use the mixing medium to change the colors when one doesnt match just right. you need a neutral palette and a color palette as well as some lip items like gloss and lipsticks... fluidline is a must in my kit and fix=. i like the mixing medium for eyeliner becaus ei can turn my pigments into liquid liner. as for your pro card i sent in my business card and copy of a contract i used when i did someones make up. it akes like a month and a half to get it so dont freak out if it doesnt come right away. let me know if you have any specific questions on things regarding your kit.

Back