face wash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so what is everyones favorite fashwash that gets rid of your pimples?
smile.gif

clinique facial soap gel in mild for skin type 2 - it helps a lot with my crappy skin - unfortunately I still eat way too much chocolate and other yummy stuff so I'm afraid no facial wash is ever going to completely rid me of pimples - *sigh*

i'd like to know what other people use tho

xxxc

I have just starting using J. Lynne's soap bars, and I like them much better than the drugstore brands I was using before. I use the peppermint & tea tree bar which is great for acne and oils. The other nice thing is you can buy samples of all of her soaps and they are very inexpensive. So if something doesn't work you are not out a lot of money!

lol thanks trisha! after i posted it i remembered there was a skin care forum
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha I use The Body Shops Tea Tree Oil Facial wash, i love the whole TTO range from them actually! x I second that, that stuff is great there is nothing better than tea tree oil and I find TBS version the most effective.

Cassi, chocolate does not cause acne! Studies have found no link between eating certain foods and acne -- chocolate especially has been studied and no correlation between eating chocolate and getting acne has been found. However, if you eat greasy foods and then touch your face, you can get the grease on your face which can clog your pores.

To answer the original poster's question, no face wash alone gets rid of my pimples, I need some acne medicated creams too! I wash and exfoliate my face with Cetaphil bar soap and a Buf Puf sponge as my dermatologist told me to
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ~maya~ but chocolate doesn't cause acne ! so no worries
wink.gif
I know that's what they say and no link has been found BUT I swear it breaks me out. I discovered this years ago and purposely stopped eating it (I thought I was gonna die from my cravings) to let my skin clear. Then I ate some and sure enough I broke out. I tested this several times, too. It doesn't just give me normal breakouts but the cystic type. I haven't had chocolate in about 8 years.
icon_sad.gif
I don't know if it's some sort of allergy or what but I just quit eating it because as much as I enjoyed it, it wasn't worth breaking out over.

I haven't had chocolate in about 8 years.
icon_sad.gif
quote]
You are a strong woman! I could never go that long w/o chocolate. It's one of my favorite things. Perhaps you're allergic to something in chocolate Lisa. Have you tried eating white chocolate (which isn't technically chocolate) to see if you still break out from this too?

Originally Posted by ~maya~ but chocolate doesn't cause acne ! so no worries
wink.gif
lol its not so much the chocolate as the general bad diet when stressed (ie atm lol - too much to do!!!) which doesn't help much either
icon_evil.gif
I also have a problem with chocolate like lisa's - am mildly allergic to dairy products (i know - why do i eat them... cos they're so yummy!!!) so doesn't help with skin...

xxxc

Originally Posted by Salope You are a strong woman! I could never go that long w/o chocolate. It's one of my favorite things. Perhaps you're allergic to something in chocolate Lisa. Have you tried eating white chocolate (which isn't technically chocolate) to see if you still break out from this too?

It was very hard at first but I stopped craving it finally. However, when someone is munching on it in front of me, it is a big temptation but I don't give in. White chocolate didn't break me out when I tried it but I just don't eat it because i'm afraid it'll make me want the real stuff more, ya know?

Lisa_Lisa, hello fellow Texan,

I was told for years from my mom, my mom's mom, and my aunts etc...that tomatoes (high acidic food) and chocolate will break you out. Then I read in a magazine that that's not true. WELL, I went to a highly acclaimed dermatologist in Dallas (he has his own antibiotic, acne scar remover/skinbleach, and skin brightener/gentle peel Patented from US FDA.)My doctor, Dr. Blackburn, maker of Blackburn Cream, said, "stay away from it if it makes you break out." I look at it like this, I've seen food allergies,and they can appear as small bumps that turn into pustules--what is a pustule? I think it's a zit--who cares why it formed, it's on my face! Anyway, I agree with you. I think if you find a link between something you eat and everytime you break out, you're body is trying to tell you something.

OH, and to get back onto the main topic--My favorite wash to banish zits is Rx only--Brevoxyl 9.

my 2 cents again. I also love DDF glycolic foam cleanser. It comes in a pump, and lasts forever. When I run out of Rx stuff, this is what I use.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa It was very hard at first but I stopped craving it finally. However, when someone is munching on it in front of me, it is a big temptation but I don't give in. White chocolate didn't break me out when I tried it but I just don't eat it because i'm afraid it'll make me want the real stuff more, ya know? I'd rather have chocolate and a good zit cream than give up chocolate.
hahaha.gif

Originally Posted by Skila_Skila Lisa_Lisa, hello fellow Texan, Howdy!
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by skila_skila I was told for years from my mom, my mom's mom, and my aunts etc...that tomatoes (high acidic food) and chocolate will break you out. Then I read in a magazine that that's not true. WELL, I went to a highly acclaimed dermatologist in Dallas (he has his own antibiotic, acne scar remover/skinbleach, and skin brightener/gentle peel Patented from US FDA.)My doctor, Dr. Blackburn, maker of Blackburn Cream, said, "stay away from it if it makes you break out." I look at it like this, I've seen food allergies,and they can appear as small bumps that turn into pustules--what is a pustule? I think it's a zit--who cares why it formed, it's on my face! Anyway, I agree with you. I think if you find a link between something you eat and everytime you break out, you're body is trying to tell you something. Very true. Everybody is different and it's important to listen to our own bodies.

Originally Posted by Skila_Skila I'd rather have chocolate and a good zit cream than give up chocolate.
hahaha.gif
Hehehehe

i heard proactive works good on acne .. but i just like to wash my face with oil of olay daily facial things .. they get it really clean and keep it clear.

Back