Besides Photoshop...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know a good photo software other than the ever so popular Photoshop?

I would really like one that is free and I don't have to download on the computer. Thanks.

I don't know about free photo editing software but some others are Paint Shop Pro and Aperture (by Apple)

Thank you!! I will give them a try.
smile.gif

Magneticheart beat me to it. I use Photoshop because I've been using it for years and I'm comfortable with it but GIMP offers pretty much the same thing for free, which is awesome. I've tried it and it seems like all the major Photoshop components are there.
smile.gif

I'm another person for Gimp! I absolutely love it. As far as freeware goes, it's as close to photoshop as i've seen. I don't know why you wouldn't want to download it onto your computer, but I can assure you that downloading Gimp won't give you any viruses... but if you need virus protection anyway, Avira is one of the best

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This doesn't have all the great photoshop featrues but I love xnView from XnView Software - Free graphic and photo viewer, converter, organizer .. Its free and its great for viewing and converting and resizing and making photo panaramas.. I even use it at work and have a lot of other engineers using it..

Thanks for this, I usually use GIMP but I will give your one a try.

http://www.aviary.com/

I know this is an old thread, but good to post anyway.  We hosted some international teachers at our campus this year, and one of the speakers talked about this website.

You can do photo editing (and music/audio editing, vector editing, special effects, etc) online for free. 

Back