Best Crease Brush for Small Eyes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My eyes are small but elongated and deep set, so I have to do a lot of contouring. It is my biggest make up dream right now lol.. to be able to do such a thing:

ajpir4.jpg

I was sure I'm supposed to get an eyeshadow brush similar in shape to those for brows, however I don't know am I right? I was ready to buy NARS 4, but decided to check here. They are usually very thin and I have a very short lid, thats why i thought about it... Anywho I need something small, angled and blends well.

Costs over $40 !!!!!! I am looking for a quick fix, my new thigh high boots cost that much LOL... I see 226 has got great reviews though.

Any cheaper alternative?

I was gonna suggest either 226 or 219 but I see you need something smaller. Can you order online? If so, Crown brushes are great, they're pretty cheap and great quality. They have many brushes similar to MAC (226 and 219 lookalikes too):

Crown Brush

Originally Posted by Jazzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif MAC 226 is one of the few brushes that I purchased from MAC that I feel is worth the price tag. It's a really good brush. I agree. It's an amazing brush.
I have the round crease brush by Crown. It's not a dupe for the MAC 226, but it will work for the crease for small eyes.

Just get the 226, it will last a long time. A cheaper one wont last too long. Im all about getting good brushes and taking care of them for longevity.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just get the 226, it will last a long time. A cheaper one wont last too long. Im all about getting good brushes and taking care of them for longevity. I completely agree. I also have small deep set eyes and I use the 226. I love it. =)

Originally Posted by Shadowy_Lady /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was gonna suggest either 226 or 219 but I see you need something smaller. Can you order online? If so, Crown brushes are great, they're pretty cheap and great quality. They have many brushes similar to MAC (226 and 219 lookalikes too):
Crown Brush

Yes exactly... i was wondering about this, even if i'd get 226, it appears to be too big, but maybe its me. However my lid area is really shorrrt, even though space between eye and brow are quite big, as you can see:
a59pc1.jpg

The case is, I do have high-end crease brushes, however they're too big which makes me unable to get the effect I showed in the 1st post... I want that crease line to be sharp but still blended, not that type of crease:

2nuj41l.jpg

So it's not the outer V that I'm looking for, but something that will let me proffessionally contour (like on the pic...)

If Crown - which one am I supposed to get?

Originally Posted by Rocksta /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes exactly... i was wondering about this, even if i'd get 226, it appears to be too big, but maybe its me. However my lid area is really shorrrt, even though space between eye and brow are quite big, as you can see: http://i34.tinypic.com/a59pc1.jpg

The case is, I do have high-end crease brushes, however they're too big which makes me unable to get the effect I showed in the 1st post... I want that crease line to be sharp but still blended, not that type of crease:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2nuj41l.jpg

So it's not the outer V that I'm looking for, but something that will let me proffessionally contour (like on the pic...)

If Crown - which one am I supposed to get?

I posted a link for you earlier to a good crown brush.

Hey, so everyone advised me to get 226, however I really am not going to spend $50 fo a brush, so just FYI I got NARS 4 Brush for now and MAC's 217. And both are perfect...

YouTube's Risa achieves the proffessional crease effect I want with 217 -> YouTube - Black Pearl Inspired Makeup and no one mentioned 217
smile.gif

I didn't mention the 217, because it's fluffier. IMO it's a great brush for blending, but for the crease for a small eye it's a bit too big. Here is the 217 next to a 226 brush, and you'll see why I recommended the 226 over the 217.

Back