Please explain this type of human behaviour

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
maybe there was a period where they were truly concerned about your behaviour?

maybe they could feel you slipping further away from them and wanted some element of control over you?

I think there is really no use dwelling on it. I have an ex-boyfriend's mother who told me I was a gold digger, that her son would never marry me, and that the whole family hated me. I could keep trying to question why she would say those things to me, why she would be so nasty -

but you know what - It doesn't actually matter. It doesn't matter why she said those things. She's just an evil *****, and I don't dwell on it any more.

There are some things in this life that you just have to accept that you'll never know the reason for - you'll never know for sure what they really thought.

If your life is really good now, and you have a support network of friends that you love and trust, then my suggestion would be, to let it go - it doesn't matter why they thought that way, what matters is that you're away from them and you're happy

You might have some assets that you dnt know about!

Look hun people are greedy, my uncle has 5 children, his health is ok, not great but ok. His sister called a few days ago and gave him a list of what she wanted to be willed when he dies. Its like wtf what are you trying to tell me? People are just greedy

I completely agree with both PinkSugar and April. Both are very plausible explanations. If April is right, you may experience a windfall somewhere in your future. Don't sign POA over to anyone regardless of how they make you feel.

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with your family right now. Is it something that you can talk to them about, or would they not listen to your feelings?

I can relate to how you feel.

My parents were physically and mentally abusive towards me as a child and into adulthood. More emotionally when I was older. I have cut off contact with them as well.

I use to question why did they act the way they did. I don't think my parents had good childhoods themselves. I don't know the details but from what I gather they experienced abuse and sometimes it passes through the generations. That is the only thing I can think of. I wondered why would they do this to me, I use to blame myself saying it must be me. Alot of that was because I felt like a scapegoat, blamed for everything and was told I was worthless. You begin to believe that after it is drilled into you. But you know what it is not my fault. My parents have problems, maybe from their childhood or something else. I may never know but what I find helps is to focus on and heal myself. I don't have children but if I ever do I will never treat them this way. I tell myself everyday that I am worth something.

I definitely wouldn't sign over power attorney to your parents or anyone. Like Aprill said maybe you have some type of assets that you are not aware of.

I hope this helped!
smile.gif

Don't you sign anything over to them. I see their bullying as another abusive outlet. You know why you cut them off. So focus on your healing and maintaining your happiness.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Don't you sign anything over to them. I see their bullying as another abusive outlet. You know why you cut them off. So focus on your healing and maintaining your happiness. ^ This. Take care of yourself.

I'm the same way too. I feel better compared to a few years ago but I also have my moments, memories and over analyze. I think it's common when you have been abused. With myself a certain situation, something on tv or a person can remind me of my past and a memory comes back or it just pops into my head and I start to analyze. I think in time these things do improve. You sound like a strong and resilient woman who will make it through all of this
smile.gif

There are all kinds of people in this world and most of them become parents. That's why there are bad as well as good parents. It's sad for some children to have emotional detached/abusive/non-caring/irresponsible parents. But hopefully once they are all grown-up, they would be able to understand and accept this sad truth. It's a part of being humans.

The most powerful bond are the children parents bond, but now it is vanishing. there are parents who treat their kids like as if they are nothing.

everybody in this world have turned money minded where ever you turn only money speaks, so my humble advice to you is not to sign anything POA to anyone.

My parents did this to me, put tons of property and mortgages in my name and even faked my signature. I had years of legal proceedings to get it all cleaned up. They destroyed my credit.

Back