What renovations are you planning or working on now?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I painted my kitchen earlier this autumn. I plan on ripping up the carpet and refinishing the hardwood floors in the living, dining and hallway. Painting the living room and later this winter or spring new flooring in the kitchen. I want to take advantage of the Canada Home Renovation Tax Credit before it ends in January. You get some money back if you spend a certain amount and submit your receipts etc. Woohoo!

Sounds great !! We're not planning anything, as we're supposed to move in the next building somewhere around january, bigger apartment woohoo !

The main thing we're doing is take care of the garden, my parents bought a house recently and everything around the house had to be done, so now we have grass and trees, and we had to prepare everything for the colder temperatures.

That sounds awesome Shelley! If I could even keep my room clean maybe I could consider renovating it lol.

Yeah!! You need to post some photos, Shelley... My list never gets smaller...

Right now.... Ripped out the basement steps and bult new totly new oak stairway... Built an oak landing at the bottom.. 5 boxes of stair railing came yesterday... Oak hand rail with wrought iron balestars... That I have to custom build.. Tore out a low wall at the top of the stairs and built a full wall with a pocket door to shut off the hall way.. Still have some trim to do..

Going to put crown molding up in the living room... Plan to add on to the back of the house next year and a new entrance and porch.. Replace all the windows.. New siding and new roofing! I'm tired just thinking about it..

Me and my bf just bought a house a couple weeks ago so we're going to update a lot. It's a new house but the flooring/counter tops/tile in the whole house are really cheap plain white laminate type stuff. We're planning on putting hardwood through out, re-tile the bathrooms, get granite counter tops and re-stain or get new dark wood cabinets in the bathrooms and kitchen and of course paint, everything right now is really plain and super white so we definitely need some color!

Back