Rawr I need help with finding a shade in Meow, Monavé, Lumière

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
there are only a few foundations I have used to give for reference. I'm not much of a liquid foundation person but I own some Revlon Colorstay foundation in Sand Beige (the combination/oily formula, slightly different in color from the normal/dry formula). it looks a little dark and brown when I first put it on, but once it's blended in it looks just right. also, I have been colormatched at the MAC store as an NW20 last September, but I never bought the foundation so I forgot how it looks on me O_O

as for mineral foundation, I only have used Everyday Minerals. I use the original glo formula of Fairly Light, in the Beige family. I also sometimes use EDM's Fairly Light Neutral, in the Buff family, although it's just a tad brown for me. I own (or have owned) a bunch of EDM foundations, and when comparing the colors to my usual Fairly Light foundation, I've noticed that Ivory is too brown, Fairly Light Neutral is kinda brown, Fawn is WAY too YELLOW, Fair is too pink, Sandy Fair is too WHITE, Soft Butter Peach is too ORANGE, Multi-tasking Neutral is a tinyyyy bit brown, and Light Almond is too dark and greenish (I don't know why the hell I have it). Fairly Light seems kinda pink/peach compared to the shades I listed above. in my opinion, my skin tends to be rather pink, but maybe that's just the redness in my cheeks combined with my light skin tone O_O

so I'd like to find out what shades I'd use in Meow, Monavé, and Lumière. I noticed that Meow has a wide selection of shades so it's actually a bit overwhelming : Monavé seems to have lots of shades for medium and dark skin but not much for light skin (which I guess is ok considering that many foundations have few colors for such people), and Lumière appears to have a shade selection as wide as that of Meow.

here are some photos of me:

11237_535100509117_198602142_31455165_1534839_n.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

so, umm...help.

You didn't say what kind of skin you have. If you want to neutralize pink, you would pick something more on the yellow or goldens side to balance. For Lumiere I would suggest looking at the goldens first and then the yellows. I would also suggest Buffd Sand, Lauress, Blusche Butter Pecan , Suncat, Joppa Ginger to check out. They have a good selection of yellows and goldens. If you have oily skin I would suggest Jlynne 1.8 maybe?

oh sorry ^^" my skin is combination I guess. it used to be just "normal", even with dry patches during the winter, but I notice that this year it's actually oily in the t-zone, especially around the nose. my original glo EDM foundation is starting to not work well for me anymore, since it is better for drier skin. I don't know why my skin suddenly changed but whatever.

I don't think I should use yellow or golden colors because my skin is clearly not yellow. usually just using foundation in my regular skin color is enough to get rid of any extra redness.

Meow has a great forum that if you post pics, they will give you recs for the perfect color and coverage.

yeah I did that. I posted pretty much the same thing I did here, haha. I just need to wait until Jen comes back so she can help me. she's sick now
frown.gif

I use Everyday Minerals and note that you have used every shade except those meant for cool complexions. Perhaps this is what you have. May I suggest their Medium? If you are unable to use foundations with yellow undertones, this may be worth a try. Don't be fooled by this shade, as I have lighter skin and it works just fine for me. It can be frustrating to find the right shade, but, when you do it will be worth it, for mineral makeup is so much more natural looking than liquids.

im with the same shade with u in EDM and hv redness on my face, i also used Ivory and sandy fair, as u did, is too brown and too white for me, same here

mainly i use FL in edm is a bit pinkish but still acceptable.

so i guess im in the same shade with u ?

i tried monave but cannot find anything suit me, lumiere Fairly Neutral suit me the best, i suggest u try the fair and light level of lumiere fdn, stick with beige and neutral grp.

Back