Spironolactone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not even going to try to pronounce that, but have any of you taken this? It's medication that can be prescribed for acne or excess facial hair for women. Since I have PCOS and getting laser done on my face (although after over a year I'm not quite seeing the results I've hoped for.. and laser is not cheap) I was looking into maybe seeing if my doctor would prescribe me this.

Who has taken this/what results have you seen with this medicine?

What a bizarre name !
blink.gif
I don't think i have heard of it. I think you should just ask your doctor his/her opinion about it. Sorry, i'm not of much help.

I have never heard of it before. But DO google it, so you know what it is about....

Edit: Good luck to you, Honey! I hope you find help for your problem soon
unsure.gif

I am currently taking it for acne.

I was prescribed this medicine in May along w/ a very low dose of antibiotics & some topical stuff. I was told that this medicine was originally made to lower blood pressure but it didn't do that very well so instead it was used to control acne (mainly hormonal acne, that occurs around that time of the month). I am taking it everynight at bedtime. It makes me wanna go pee literally 10 mins after I take it. I heard it's the "water" pill. It makes you want to go to the bathroom alot.

Also, my doctor gave me to a potassium test b/c the spironolactone makes it harder for potassium to leave the body so you may have high levels of potassium. I took the test about a month after I started the pills and it came out fine. You're also not to suppose to eat a ton of high potassium foods (such as bananas). You may eat it but not a whole lot.

As for the result of taking this. I can't really say that it helped with my acne b/c I am taking another medication as well as using topical stuff.

Back