Yay or Nay on these Snow Boots

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love them but I think you have to have real skinny legs to wear them... that I don't have
frown.gif

Thank you...oops I think I should have posted this in the Fashion Board.

I want something that'll take on the snow, but not for them to be too ugly. Seems impossible (or really expensive).

It looks like they are made of suede so I'm not sure how useful they are as snow boots. They would soak up the water really fast. If you live in a place that is cold but not wet they would be fine though. All in all I'd say nay.

Yeah, I think I have to keep looking. I am going to be out in the snow and they probably won't hold up. It's snowing like crazy today.

It's just that I won't really have time to go shopping til next week and it seems like the snow boots are flying off the shelves.

I like internet shopping but shoes and clothes are items I need to try in person to see how they how look. Bummer. I'm getting desperate, hahaha.

I'm from Canada where some Provinces experience cold winter and snow. From my prespective I wouldn't buy the first pair of boots you posted. The reason why is the heel, sole. You want your foot to be more stable in snowy conditions. I would buy something with a lower heel similar to what aquarium moon posted. Suede is nice but can become dirty easily and you have to buy suede protector, brush etc etc. If you can find something waterproof that would be better but of course you still should use a shoe protector spray. Also a boot that ties up gives you better support compared to a slip on boot, especially in snowy or icy conditions. If you can find something that is waterproof material instead of suedethat would be better.
smile.gif

I don't know what state your in or how cold it gets but Sorel boots (different styles) are great. They are more costly and keep your feet warm but maybe they are too warm for where you live.

They're pretty cute, I'm not a total fan of the wedge they have. I've been looking for TWO YEARS for boots that fit my calves... everything is always SO tight and I've tried on so many pairs it's ridiculous. I'm average weight, a size 6 (or 28) in jeans, and I wear a size 10 shoe but for some reason my calves are just too huge!

i think their cute. with the right outfit they will be perfect and warm too! yeah boots are expensive and sell out fast, gotta get them before fall to have a good selection. i like steve madden boots but a little pricey. u dont want them to be too cheap cause then they will fall apart.

Back