Still looking for that ONE miracle product...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am always on the quest for that perfect mascara...

I have short sparse lashes that grow down and do not hold a curl if the mascara is at all wet, and will clump together into a spidery mess when the formula is too waxy.

If i want my lashes to look at all decent with mascara, it takes a minimum 30 minutes. I have to use 2 curlers- a full size shiseido and a mini shu uemura, 2 or 3 different mascaras, a needle point lash comb and a safety pin, and a heated curler. and still, after a half hour, i am still unhappy.

so instead i almost always have to default to fake lashes, in which i have an arsenal. I can do fake lashes in less than 5 minutes...

somewhere out there is my perfect mascara, right?

So what miracle product are you still looking for and why?

Mascara for me too. I like Mabybelline Sky High Curves, but only for natural, everyday looks. I need something dramatic looking. I just got a sample of Smashbox Bionic Mascara, and so far so good.

Oh, and I need either an HG cream for dark circles or an HG concealer lol.

Mascara and blush. I hate clumps so almost all thickening mascaras creep me out. I love seeing eyelashes where it looks like someone has a billion long thin elegant lashes. I can never seem to achieve that and I don't double or triple coat because it clumps. As far as blush, I have different ones I like but none of them are just perfect.

Nude lipstick. no matter how many shades, hues, glosses.. I'm still unhappy with it, no matter how many people compliment me on it. Right now L'Oreal's Nude is in pretty good standing, but idk.

A wrinkle reducing cream!! lol My derm says there is no hope for my skin other than a knife.... sigh.....

Multiple things:

1. a foundation that has heavy coverage yet looks undetectable on the skin and matches my skintone perfectly

2. a mascara that lengthens as well as thickens, and washes off with water. Oh, and it needs to be cheap too

3. an undereye concealer that fullfills the same criteria as my illusional "miracle" foundation

Are these things too much to ask??? hahaha

Quote:
I love seeing eyelashes where it looks like someone has a billion long thin elegant lashes. EXACTLY... I am sure its related to the completely false ads that mascaras produce... and those who are born that way. But cant I have what the ads promise too???hahaha

Quote:
a foundation that has heavy coverage yet looks undetectable on the skin and matches my skintone perfectly i have found my two on this end, but one is $60 and lasts maybe 1.5 months for me (Dior Airbrush) and one makes me itchy during the winter months (Maybelline Liquid Mousse).So mine is just wanting a great coverage that matches my skin tone that doesnt rub off and doesnt make me itch.

Originally Posted by ricababyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nude lipstick. no matter how many shades, hues, glosses.. I'm still unhappy with it, no matter how many people compliment me on it. Right now L'Oreal's Nude is in pretty good standing, but idk. Same here... I just cant find the perfect nude lipstick for me.... Tried so many...

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Multiple things:
1. a foundation that has heavy coverage yet looks undetectable on the skin and matches my skintone perfectly

2. a mascara that lengthens as well as thickens, and washes off with water. Oh, and it needs to be cheap too

Took the words right out of my mouth.
If I could find a mascara like that, that's probably all I'd wear for eye makeup.

I wish their was an oil control gel that worked for longer than a couple of hours on my skin. that is why I don't even bother to wear foundation most of the time, it just slides off.

I second everyone who said foundation. I'm ashamed of my own skin ;_; if I could have a total coverage foundation that looked natural and didn't feel like an itchy mask, I'd die happy. Right now I make do with clinique...which isn't that bad, but I hate the matte finish.

And I'd love to find *any* lipstick at all that looked good on me. I was cursed with small lips and a square shaped face so lipstick just looks stupid on me.

I'm still searching for the perfect black eyeliner for the waterline. One that stays put and doesn't fade or irritate my eyes.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Multiple things:

3. an undereye concealer that fullfills the same criteria as my illusional "miracle" foundation

AMEN !!
I have two mascaras i really really love and i think will buy in rotation, YSL False Lashes and Dejavu Fiberwig, but the first dries in the tube and there's almost too much product on the wand, and the other doesn't thicken my lashes and sometimes i like more oomph.

I will also add blush. I want a medium pink shade that is heavily pigmented and can be layered if i want to, but i can't find that perfect pink that looks like my natural flush once any sensitiveness/rosacea is removed.

how funny....just today I went to my local drugstore and decided to be sneaky and get a little sample (I brought an empty MAC sample jar) of the Maybelline Superstay foundation. I did that cause I wanted to test it at home, on bare skin.

I have a gay friend who uses this and his skin always look naturally flawless, you can barely tell that he´s wearing foundation. I still thought that it can´t be that great cause it´s by a drugstore brand (all my other foundations are high end, and lately I have been hating them all), but filled up a sample anyway when people weren´t looking lol

I just tried it out and was like OMG this is awesome! It has very good, medium to heavy coverage, spreads easily on the skin (and I used my fingers which I never do cause I find foundations never go on even that way). And the lightest shade is the best color match I ever found for my skin.

And since it´s a 2 in 1 product (primer+foundation) it´s super convenient. I kept touching my face cause my skin felt so soft and totally natural.

I´m definitely going to buy this tomorrow, I can safely say I found my new HG foundation!

I am with everyone who says mascara! I'm looking for my perfect mascara, the one that lengthens, adds volume, curls, doesn't flake or run and doesn't clump.

That and the perfect concealer that will completely erase the circles under my eyes. The one I use now is close but they are still there - genetics and age
smile.gif

Foundation for sure. Seems like the ones I love wind up being discontinued.

I have wanted to love mineral makeup because I believe it is good for keeping my occasional breakouts to a minimum. However, I have to moisturize like crazy because my skin is so dry and sometimes I look terrible with it on, so I have been trying to use liquid foundation on the driest parts and then go over the rest with my mineral makeup.

It is so frustrating.
frown.gif

A concealer that actually covers under eye circles!

I've tried a million concealers for my dark circles and nothing seems to work, they all barely cover my dark circles, ugh.

Back