So who saw James Cameron's Avatar movie ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to see it yesterday morning.

I love it, i wanted to watch the movie since i saw the official trailer, and it's really something i'd recommend to see.

To tell the truth, the story by itself is a classical story from SciFi. What really makes this movie different is the graphics, they're beautiful and the 3D is great. At first the movie starts slowly so you can understand the plot, then the real story starts and time flies. The movie lasts 2 hours and a half, but it doesn't feel like it.

Plus as much as i hate the Alien movies (yes, i do !), i love Sigourney Weaver in Avatar, i think it was a great character for her.

So did you see it or do you plan to see it ?

I saw Avatar last week - Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!

I categorize this movie into "science fantasy".

It is well cast and went by very fast - didn't look at my watch once.

A definite 10/10, and my son loved it too!

I didn't have a clue about what the movie was about. Saw it and loved it!

want to see it again!

Ok this is just my personal opinion but I think the movie looks really dumb. I wouldnt see it in theaters if my boyfriend wanted to, Id wait til it comes out on RedBox and rent it if he wanted to see it but he doesnt which is good. lol.

Really ? Is it because of the drawing ? Like i said it's classic scifi but it's still enjoyable. And i think i also went to see it because the 3D adds something, considerign the price of a ticket most of the time i just wait until it's out on DVD and rent it.

I wanted to see it again this afternoon, but the room was already full, too bad.

It was a great movie!! I totally recommend it. You can watch online trailers if you don't know what it is about and I'd highly recommend you to look 3D or IMAXX.

i saw it, and i LOVED it
smile.gif
the story is a classic but the people were beautiful, their world was beautiful and yeah i loved it

Originally Posted by sweetnsexy6953 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok this is just my personal opinion but I think the movie looks really dumb. I wouldnt see it in theaters if my boyfriend wanted to, Id wait til it comes out on RedBox and rent it if he wanted to see it but he doesnt which is good. lol. actually this is a film larger than life. see it on the big screen.

I've not seen it yet, but I think I will be seeing it with my brother some time this week. Excited! You can see it in 3D too, which would be fun I think!

i went to see it at an IMAX the day before new years eve, i LOVED it! i've never enjoyed a film so much.

I saw the movie in normal 2D, and I loved it. My friends thought it was kind of boring, but I would definitely consider seeing it again in 3D. I love the idea of Pandora and the Nabu and I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of work that went into it.

I saw it at IMAX in 3D and loved it too! I would love to see it again before it finishes up at the movies.

I saw it yesterday in 3-D. I loved it and it made me wish that we could have communities like that. I was jealous.

honestly I didn't like it that much. I give it props for visuals but the story was way too cliche. When I watch a movie, the most important part is the story and if that's lacking, to me nothing else makes up for it. I give it a 7/10 for the visual and entertainment factor.

To each their own though
smile.gif

I honestly didn't like it that much..everyone was saying that it's the best movie ever made and all that but I don't think it was..I mean it was cool and the effects were awesome but I'm not really into the whole fantasy type movies and didn't think it was the BEST movie ever made.

Back