Acne at that time of the month

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I get a few pimples on my cheeks around "that time of the month", which usually go off by themselves in a couple of days. But this time round, they are huge red pimples covering my entire right cheek and they've been there for a week already! Is there anything I can use to prevent/treat these? Do usual acne treatments with salicylic work for these?

I am always suspicious when someone says they are getting breakouts only on one side of their face or just on the chin area.

My first thought is it might be bacteria on your cell phone or pillow, pressing against one cheek only.

Anything with benzoil peroxide usually works for minor flair ups. I'm not sure about salicylic though. One easy treatment you might try is mixing baking soda with water into a paste and applying to breakouts. Leave on overnight then rince well.

Usually the most common place for pimples to appear during menstration is around the chin/mouth area and occasionally on the cheeks. That area of the face represents what is happening hormonally in the body. I wouldn't be worrying too much if you are getting a few spots around that time of the month.

Exfoliating regularly can help you avoid these pimples and Spot Treatment using Anticeptic EO like Tea Tree EO, Lavender EO, Patchouli EO (the best for me) or something like "Spot cleanse acne prone skin" from Lush..

Quote:
Around "that time of the month", I am exfoliating every day, it s really helps...

Back