Pampering for my face

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Many times, I feel like applying something on my face (cream/ mask, etc) that would make me feel refreshed or bring a glow to my face. What do you apply to your face other than cleanser/ toner/ moisturizer? I am looking for something not too expensive, and something I can do at home when I get 15-20min.

Try to make a Homemade Toner... It is easy and inexpensive... If it is not against the rules, I will put this post from my blog...

Quote:
Unfortunately, there is really no permanent remedy for open pores. An Astringent Toner tighten pores, but this is only temporary. Toners are supposed to remove excess oil and cleanse the pores, help to balance the skins natural pH level and to restore the skins natural moisture. So it is very important to apply toner regularly after cleansing face.

You can create a Homemade Pore Minimizing Toner that has all the benefits of a commercial toner at a fraction of the cost.

Keep reading to learn more.

Pore Minimizing Toner must contain Astringents like Witch Hazel or Alcohol based Extracts (Ginseng, Calendula, Sage, Horse Chestnut Extracts) to tighten the open pores.

The low pH in the toner is helping to balance the pH level of the acid mantle of the skin after cleansing. So you need the combination of citric acid, lemon extract and apple cider vinegar to keep the low pH level.

Glycerin is humectant that helps to restore water to dehydrated skin.

Antiseptic Elements like Thyme Alc. Extract or Tea Tree EO help to prevent breakouts.

Anti-oxidant Elements like Pomegranate, Chamomile and Green Tea Extracts, Vitamin E and others that fights free radical damage to the skin.

So to make a good Pore Minimizing Toner we need a combination of 5 elements: Astringents, Low pH Agents, Humectants, Antiseptics and Anti-oxidants.

I recommend to pour the toner in a small spay bottle and mist the face, let the toner air dry and then take a cotton pad and gentle dab the left over moisture.

Good Luck
smile.gif

A toner is great, technically you're supposed to wait a few minutes before applying something else.

You could also apply a moisturising serum, or a hydrating mask. Either you buy one or you peel the layers of your cotton pad, soak them of toner/hydrating serum, apply them on your whole face and wait three minutes before taking them off.

or try a home made mask? you can do this after cleansing. my favourite one is

1-2 tablespoon plain yoghurt (depending how big your face is)

1-2 tablespoon oats, enough to make it into a paste

and a squeeze of honey

just spread it onto your face and leave it to dry, around 10-15 minutes, and then wash off. the yoghurt and honey is moisturising and nice on sensitive skin (like mine) and the oats are good for giving you a nice glow, and also for exfoliating a bit as you remove it.

I apply pepto bismol to my face quite often. It's makes my skin glow like no other! Plus it's only a $1 at Dollar Tree.

Back