Dakota Fanning Debuts Her Surprising Adult Look

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
507_51a6388fbc4c846c6f0f92ad1b1ce541.jpg

6790_9c4e8172b1aa6d69cb018c20b1274d3b.jpg

Dakota Fanning is making the most seamless transition from adorable moppet to graceful young woman in the history of child stars. In this month's V Magazine Fanning graces one of the covers of "The Size Issue" with a very grown-up look that is much more Brigitte Bardot than Shirley Temple. (The other cover features "Precious" star and current Hollywood "It Girl" Gabby Sidibe.)

The fancy photo-shoot and glamorous styling aside, there is a continuation of the hipster transformation she began while filming her role in the upcoming movie "The Runaways," which is inspired by a true story of an all-girl band called, you guessed it, The Runways. In the film, which a Los Angeles Times blog describes as "a rock-surged coming-of-age-drama," Fanning stars alongside "Twilight" starlet Kristen Stewart as an experimental wild child singer named Cherie Currie.

The V article shows real-life Fanning to be as down-to-earth as ever: She's on her high school's varsity cheerleading team and likes to watch the Game Show Network with her mom, even as she prepares for the media attention sure to come with "The Runaways," which will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival later this month, and debut nationally in March.

Stewart, who plays Joan Jett in "The Runaways," gushes about her costar, calling her one of her best friends. The two also bonded while filming "The Twilight Saga: New Moon," where Fanning took on the role of the evil vampire, Jane. "We're so comfortable together we have a second language," said Stewart.

As her V Magazine spread suggests, Fanning loves fashion. In her daily life, though, she is matter-of-fact about her changing style, focusing more on the practical aspect.

"Now that I'm getting older I'm finally to the point where I can fit into things," Fanning says. "I've always been really small, really short, and I'm finally starting to be able to wear a size 0 without having to take it in five inches."

Here's a closer look at the mature makeover:

7632_7085b69bce620a7d91a2dab21ffe56d7.jpg

source

I like Dakota. She seems like a very down to earth person and is an excellent actress. She won best supporting actress for I am Sam I think?

Anyway. She has to be one of the first child-stars not to go crazy on drink and drugs, which is a nice change
smile.gif

her face looks so much like kate hudsons

and i think she looks fine. this is obviously not an everyday look.

You know some women can have that really messy hair look, and look sexy and like wow!

Not the case here Dakota Fanning is just like a mess..

I think she looks gorgeous!

It is for a fashion shoot so obviously it's a bit more exaggerated than an everyday look.

Can't believe she's like 16 now!

Time flies...

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anyway. She has to be one of the first child-stars not to go crazy on drink and drugs, which is a nice change
smile.gif
Agreed. This picture just struck me really odd. She is a pretty girl but that one is odd to me. I guess because she is so small and delicate and then that giant hair. Her face is lovely.

She still looks like a girl, not a woman. I am glad they didn't oversexualize her. I like the look. It's very fun and retro.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like Dakota. She seems like a very down to earth person and is an excellent actress. She won best supporting actress for I am Sam I think?
Anyway. She has to be one of the first child-stars not to go crazy on drink and drugs, which is a nice change
smile.gif

I agree. some article once compared her to Jodie Foster (that she will be this type when she grows older), i can totally see it.

She looked great as Jane in New Moon. However, I really don't like this look. As far as the drinking & drugging, just give her time. She's still young. But I hope she doesn't get involved with any of that stuff.

Originally Posted by Sherbert-Kisses /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think she looks gorgeous!It is for a fashion shoot so obviously it's a bit more exaggerated than an everyday look.

Agreed!

I think this photoshoot picture is silly looking. However, whenever I see her in interviews and such, she always looks very age-appropriate and pretty.

Back