Hair sticking up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Over the last couple of weeks, as my hair has become longer and thicker, I've started to notice that every morning, without fail, a piece of hair will be sticking up on one side at the top, and I have no idea how to flatten it down with the rest of the hair.

I've tried using a wetted comb, but that only makes it a fraction better. The only styling product I have is some Garnier Fructis Spiking Gel, but my hair is starting to get a bit 'big' for spikes now, and I have no idea if this product would be any good for smoothing hair down (I've never really used anything other than shampoo and conditioner on my hair up to now, so am pretty clueless with gel, mousse, spray etc.
frown.gif
)

Any ideas?

Could it be the material on your bed, the actual bedding, or the detergent you use for laundry? Maybe the hair is dry? If you haven't changed your regimen/hair care routine it could be other factors. Maybe even the temperature.

Cheers Efel, I think your suggestion about the bedding might have helped
smile.gif
I tried turning my pillow over, the night after trying a stocking cap as suggested in my other thread, and between these, my hair has lain down flat ever since
smile.gif
And as weird as this might sound, my hair looks a little longer for having done this, which makes me happy...

yay! nothing better than finding a solution to ur problem
biggrin.gif

however.. if you ever want a product like a gel..but ur goal isnt to spike ur hair.. using a pomade or a wax gives great hold (just use a little bit, add it as u need it to prevent it from being weighed down/looking greasy.. put some between ur fingers and rub them together to warm the product.. it makes the pomade/wax MUCH easier to work with)

have a beautiful hair day!

Cheers Bianca, I'll give that a try; the initial problem I described is no longer a problem, but instead, when my hair has dried completely after washing it, it goes really 'huge', all the hair going up/out, sort of 'puffed up', if you get me
confused.gif

Haha, I spent most of yesterday on a motorbike, and I thought that wearing a helmet would have flattened my hair down. However, when I saw myself in a mirror, I saw that although most of it was quite flat, there were a few pieces standing straight up at the front, meaning I was going round looking like a bloody cockatoo all day
laughing.gif
I must be the only girl who actually wants 'helmet hair' but doesn't get it, as most, in my experience, end up with completely flat hair and hate it
laughing.gif

Now my hair's getting too thick for spikes, I'm thinking I might try something different; I've seen a Garnier Fructis product called 'Manga Head' which, as far as I can tell, is especially for slightly longer hair, to create and hold a manga hairstyle. I might give this a go too, and see how it goes...

great hair tips:

Laser Hair Removal

Laser hair removal uses a low energy laser. Beaming the laser on small areas of your skin basically destroys the hair follicle and impairs its growth. Laser hair removal is done by beaming a specified wavelength of light from a handpiece into the skin, where it targets dark material (usually the pigment in hair).

Sona Laser Hair Removal

The Sona laser hair removal professionals use several state-of-the-art lasers to ensure the best results for patients' differing skin and hair types.

Henna hair dye and Henna paste

Henna is the most popular natural colourants. It is easily available and easy to use. It conditions hair and has great protective and restoration powers. Such quality have made henna one of the most versatile ingredients.

Your Brushes & Combs

To get the most natural-looking streak-free blush application, hold your brush by placing your fingers just above the metal section of the handle.

Back