My 2010 No-buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just realized I never posted the rules to my year long 2010 makeup no buy. My rules are going to be very simple.

1. For all of 2010 I cannot buy

Blushes

eyeshadows

lipglosses

lipsticks

lipliner

bronzers

I have a surplus of all these items and am trying to actually use this stuff.

2. I can buy
foundation

concealer

powder

mascara

eyeliner

I don't have a surplus of these items and run out of them very quickly, especially mascara and eyeliner.

3. If something is super duper cheap like .25 cents and I have a $1 coupon for it, I can get it. That's happened to me several times with CVS Bargin Bins.

Good luck with your no buy. I just don't have the stamina to attempt it myself. There is always something I see that I want.
smile.gif

I've done really really good with my no-buy. To make sure I don't buy any duplicate not needed products, I make a list of the stuff I use up and check the stuff I don't need replacements for.

I think many times when we run out of something, we immediately put the thought in our head that we need to replace so the list helps me avoid that.

This is all the stuff I used from my stash from the start of January to the end of April I'll check in quarterly.

NYC tiger eye baked shadow

Rose Makeup Wipes

Bumble and Bumble hairspray

L'Oreal Endless l/s

Mk es duo in fig

V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner

L'oreal Excellence Conditioner

L'oreal Revitalift moisturizer

Almay Smart Shade Concealer

Color Workshop black eyeliner

CG Cheekers in snow plum

Almay Clear Complexion Powder in Light/Med

milani luminous

Nuerto Facial soap

pack of cotton rounds

Mellalucca shampoo

Wnw H20 proof mascara

Revlon eye makeup remover pen

medicated chapstick

WOW. I need to join you! I have been doing good on my "low buy" but i should stop completely for a while.

I know. I need to use up what I have too. But I have a list of items I want... But I need to take a break.

Keep going strong Perlanga

Thxs for the support guys!

I've been doing very well controlling my urges, but I was at Sephora the other day to test out a new perfume and I saw that Kat Von D pallete in Momento Mori and I thought, I don't have most of those shades and was tempted to buy. Then I thought how I am still unemployed and I can only buy a little at a time. I'll ask my bf to buy it for me for our anniversary in July!

I'm very proud of myself! In the past few months I used up all this stash stuff and none needed replacing!

Tressemme Thermal Creations Mousse

WnW Pout Protector

L'Oreal Conditioner

Maybelline Moisture Whip lipstick in Peachy Sheen

Adorn Hairspray

Classic Chapstick

Aveda Damage Remedy Travel Size kit

Avon Footworks Powder

CVS brand Soy Moisturizer

Purpose Moisturizer

Avon Tahitian Holiday perfume

L'Oreal Decrease Primer

ELF Butternut quad

Everything I've used up the last three months, only two months to go!

random powder brush
Caress Cashmere Luxury Body Wash
Blue Crazeberry Chapstick
Johnson's Dreamy Night Cream
Maybelline Unstoppable Mascara
VS Beauty Rush Mascara
Pantene Sheer Volume Conditioner
Broadway Nail packs
Aveda Color Conserve Shampoo
J&J's Baby Shampoo
Mane N' Tail Shampoo
Pantene Sheer Volume Shampoo
Dove Intensive Repair Conditioner Sample
VS So Sexy Hairspray
Mini Avon Wash-Off Waterproof Mascara

You sure do use a lot of shampoo.  I never have the time to wash my hair every day bc it takes forever to dry so maybe that's y it takes me so long to use it up.  9 months and you are still going strong.  THat's a lot of willpower.  I think the longest I've lasted is 2-3 weeks.

Back