I need a place to sell my college textbooks!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Basically I need an active and popular website where I can sell my used books. :[

My 2 day weekend seminar class book was $77, soooo...

Where do you guys sell your books? :]

I see it on Amazon because I get more money back. If i have really old books i send them to Barnes and Nobles or I put on Ebay. I dont sell back to the school because you get nothing back.

put up a notice on a bulletin board near school. either that or an online bulletin board for students. make sure you have any trades done in a very public place for safey purposes.

Try either Abe Books or Cash4Books. They give you a quote, and give you free shipping. I have used both and got mooney in my PayPal fast (around a week from when I shipped).

Everything that everyone has suggested is perfect. Especially Amazon, I get more money that way when someone wants to buy

My college bookstore actually gave pretty reasonable cash back for my books. If the amount was reasonable I would take it. If they wanted to give me back jack squat, I would sell them on amazon for a competitive price. If it was an old edition I would sell it for $1 less than the lowest listing, old editions don't really sell so you have to take what you can get.

Yeah I don't think my school buys back books unfortunately.

But, thanks for all the replies! I have to start getting on selling my books before new editions come out.
tongue.gif

you know another option if you can't sell them is to find some poor college student and give the books away. that way someone else is benefitting and the books just aren't sitting around

I say post a bulleton at the school. We have one in the cafeteria and books get sold fast. Also craiglist (be safe) is really good for selling books too. I bought mine that way really cheap.

I always check prices on Bigwords.com. You input the ISBNs (the 10 or 13 digit number above the barcode) and then it tells you what different websites will give you for each book you are selling. I just used it yesterday to sell 3 books. I paid $200 and sold them for $120.

Funny you should mention that. Yesterday we hauled all our crap to the flea market and there were some text books from the daughters BF. And some guy was going through them and imputing numbers into his blackberry.. He bought 4... And now I konw why! Lol. He probably got a good deal at $1.00 each?

That's all we would get selling them, lol the older they are, the more worthless. And by old, I mean one freaking semester old, lol

If I want to feel cheap and used, I go sell my books back to the bookstore. Put up a bulletin up on the board and sell your books for a reasonable price and you'll get buyers. Sometimes the changes for each edition are not noticeable at all and some poor student will buy yours over the bookstore's.

Back