What to do about fake mac??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I missed out on the Hello Kitty Collection of Mac so I went to Ebay and of course most sellers are selling fake mac, what do I do? In the long run I wanted HK cuz I collect everything on her so basically I would be buying the makeup for the design. Plus the fact its fake so it is cheaper and I'm on a tight budget (plus add in the fact i do splurge on shoes to much lol) so do i go ahead and get or not bother knowing its a knockoff?

Ps Boyfriend pointed out that i have knockoff handbags why am i so serious about the makeup??
kopfkratz.gif

i bet you can find some hello kitty at a CCO? or else, go on sites like these and put ISO: Mac Hello Kitty. i would rather buy MAC the legit way.

I missed out on the HK collection too, but lucked out on a few pieces on the "sale" section here, and also from blog sales. Like Breathless said above, do some searching. People sell stuff on Live Journal and Blogger too.They are legit, they are just beauty bloggers getting rid of stuff.

Also check All cosmetics Wholesale. They did have some HK stuff, not sure if they still do or not....

There are tons of ways to get LE items without giving your money to criminals. I'd say check sale threads on various forums and ACW. I'm sure you'll find things if you're patient.

If you buy that then you are sending a message to these dirt bags that we will support their dishonesty. You would not be getting the real Hello Kitty but some knock off junk. Because people are buying this garbage they are counterfeiting more items everyday. It's your choice to do that but I really hope you don't.

My first two MAC purchases I purchased from Ebay. I didn't know at the time that they were fake. I wore that stuff for months and I even wrote a review saying that MAC wasn't very good because I didn't know my MAC was fake. The fake stuff didn't cause me any harm but it was terrible makeup.

I didn't start buying MAC until Hello Kitty. I missed out on a lot of items that I wanted. I have managed to get 85% of the LE items on my list. I purchased them from here, Live Journal, Specktra and blog sales.

I've also considered buying a few fake mac items on ebay. If i were to buy the brushes that come with the roll with the MAC name across it...it would be pretty cool. especially if my clients think i spent a fortune. lol. I would have to try the brushes out though...wouldn't use them if they completely sucked. but even the fake products on there are kinda out of my reach (money wise) because i am a highschool student without a job. haha. but i'm living happily. haha. I'd love to try them out if anyone has any good reviews on them.

If you want HK products, find a reliable seller to CP (custom purchase) you the items because they are in CCO's (cosmetic outlet).

I bought a lipgloss from someone sellilng MAC in my hair salon. I only used it once & tried to return it at Nordstrom. At the time, I didn't think about that it could be fake, but thinking back now, I guess so. Now, those salesgirls probably think I was trying to pull one over on them & that's the Nordstrom I go to the most. I wish I had been to an out-of-town location. Oh well!

You know, I bought a 239 brush off ebay for cheap. I didn't realise it at the time, but it was a knock off. You know what.. lol, it aint that bad. But yes, we are feeding into their dishonesty.

I feel the same way that you feel. I find myself browings ebay for HK stuff knowing is most likely fake, but it really doesn't stop me from wondering and wanting it. I think the only thing that stops me is the fact that I don't have an actual ebay account, but hey I can always get my friends to buy it for me. soooo... I don't know
frown.gif
I missed out on HK and I hate myself for it!!!!! >.<

When it comes to buying makeup I would stay away (far far far far far) away from Ebay! I agree with CCO or maybe even allcosmeticswholesale.

There are some legit ebay sellers, but I wouldn't support the ones that sell the fake stuff.

Back