Makeup and Travelling

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys!

am going on a holiday soon. its hot in here..and its even hotter where am going.

how can i make sure my makeup will arrive safely?

and what would you carry with you and how?

any help is appreciated. thanks.

I wouldn't keep in in the luggage, just in case something goes wrong. I guess take only what you'll use for your trip in a carry on bag. Just don't forget about size restrictions. A friend of mine forgot about that recently and had to dump all new lotions and perfumes and stuff at the airport. If it's that hot you probably won't use very much anyway so I'm sure it won't take up too much space. I hope. lol

the thing is.. am going for a wedding!

so i will ne my makeup and colors. i just dont know how i'll do that without getting it ruined.

and there restrictions of what we are allowed to carry! sucks!

I know in Canada and the USA there are restrictions on liquids etc you can carry on the plane with you. In the past I put all my makeup in my checked luggage. I wrapped all of it in bubble wrap and placed inside makeup cases. I would look at the airline's site and check their restrictions.

I am a nut about traveling and usually post (on other sites) right before I travel.

Most airlines allow powders the restrictions are on liquids, sprays and gels.

I usually pack what I would want with me in case luggage was lost, and items I don't want destroyed like my MAC 15 pans (learned the hard way and a few shadows were crushed in checked luggage).

So anything liquid, gel 3 oz or smaller can be placed in a quart sized clear ziploc type container that will need to go through security and then all other "dry" makeup in your carry on. I usually decant liquid foundation but always have a powder foundation also.

Best to carry on and put a layer of cotton rounds or TP between items like shadows that can break

ya i was thinking of carrying it with me.

i'll be gone for 3 weeks. and since i'll always be out, i need to carry as much makeup as i can.

what about my coastal scent palette?

I put my makeup in my carry on for my last trip. Here's what I packed:

1 Palette with 2 blushes and about 15 eyeshadows or more

Brush roll with essential brushes: Kabuki, eyeshadow, blend, angled brow, blush

Mascara and eyeliner in black

Pressed Mineral Foundation

Setting Mist (1.2 oz bottle)

1 MLBB lipstick and gloss

When you pack your palette make sure and fold tissue/paper towels over the pans. It'll keep them from moving around and keep exploded pressed minerals in their pan and off the rest.

Beside packing so it won't get dammaged, If your worried about heat enroute I would place a freezer pack in a sealed plastic bag next to your makeup case (or in it) so that it will stay cooler and not get ruined buy the hot weather..

thanx Karren.. that's a good idea!

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I put my makeup in my carry on for my last trip. Here's what I packed:
1 Palette with 2 blushes and about 15 eyeshadows or more

Brush roll with essential brushes: Kabuki, eyeshadow, blend, angled brow, blush

Mascara and eyeliner in black

Pressed Mineral Foundation

Setting Mist (1.2 oz bottle)

1 MLBB lipstick and gloss

When you pack your palette make sure and fold tissue/paper towels over the pans. It'll keep them from moving around and keep exploded pressed minerals in their pan and off the rest.

thats exactly what i packed.i still need to buy a small palette with my favorite colors.

i decided not to take my coastal scents. i'll just take the basic colors that i usually put on.

thanks for the help guys!

I'd keep the brushes with me, for a long trip like yours i wouldn't bother and just check everything else, especially the liquids (make sure you have extra insurance for lost luggage, for safety). My most precious palettes perhaps i'd keep, but i'd place some protection between the lids to make sure they don't break.

Originally Posted by Doya G /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanx Karren.. that's a good idea!

thats exactly what i packed.

i still need to buy a small palette with my favorite colors.

i decided not to take my coastal scents. i'll just take the basic colors that i usually put on.

thanks for the help guys!

Good deal!

Back