Pregnancy weight gain..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, i'm 6 mths preg with my first child, and i know you're supposed to gain weight while pregnant but i've already gained 40 lbs. i weighed bout 130lbs before pregnancy, now i'm at 170...also, is it difficult to lose the weight afterwards? and how long did it take you to get back to your normal size?

i'm just curious..wondering when (or if) i'll ever be able to fit in my jeans agaiN! lol

Originally Posted by 4getmeNot /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi, i'm 6 mths preg with my first child, and i know you're supposed to gain weight while pregnant but i've already gained 40 lbs. i weighed bout 130lbs before pregnancy, now i'm at 170...also, is it difficult to lose the weight afterwards? and how long did it take you to get back to your normal size?
i'm just curious..wondering when (or if) i'll ever be able to fit in my jeans agaiN! lol

First of all congratulations!
Before pregnancy I weighed 115 and reached about 138 while pregnant. So, I gained 23 pounds. It wasn't difficult for me to lose weight. It could have been the breastfeeding (which burns about 600 calories). I didn't change my diet or exercise either. Things just kind of fell back to normal within...oh...maybe 3 months.

Are you eating normally or eating for two now? I think every woman has heard you must eat for two but my Drs always told me it's not about eating for two it's about eating healthier for the baby. Makes me wonder where they came up with that? Hmm...

I think that notion of eating for 2 is so you can eat more...

I actually was losing my own weight while the baby was gaining weight so I was netting zero for both pregnancies in the last trimesters of each. I did gain back my weight after they were born
frown.gif

You do realize that your body shape may have changed as well so you many not get into those jeans even if you returned to your pre-baby weight. I had gained 1/2 a shoe size for every child. I was a size 8 shoe, 8.5 after baby 1 and 9 after baby 2. I also have gained hips when I did not have hips before motherhood.

Congratulations on the baby on the way.

I gained 30 lbs total during my pregnancy and it took about 3 weeks to lose that amount of weight. But because I was binge eating alot, I gained it back... So yea. Don't worry about what you gained, your body will shed it easy after birth. Just make sure your diet is HEALTHY AFTER you give birth or you'd gain it back. Exercise is good too. Helps keep post partum depression away.

Congratulations and good luck!

I gained close to 70 pounds with my first pregnancy, and then only 10 with my second. I've lost weight but I'm still trying to lose it all.
frown.gif

I started out at 112lbs, ended up weighing 132lbs and lost all of my weight within a month.

HOWEVER, my hips are wider (which I looovve) than they used to be, so even though I wiegh 107lbs now, my pants from before still don't fit the same.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I gained about 28 pounds with my first, about 35 with the 2nd and I think 40+ with the last one. With the last one, I think I gained 10 pounds the day I found out I was pregnant. Breastfeeding really helps with the weight loss. For my body, it takes about 7-9 months until I'm back to normal size. They say it takes 9 mos to gain the weight and 9 mos to lose it, so you shouldn't expect to lose it all right away once the baby is born. I know some people who come out of the hospital looking like they've never had a baby but that's very rare. I remember my shock after the first pregnancy when I got home after delivery and thought I can go back to wearing my old jeans right away. It didn't happen that way. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif I was wearing my maternity clothes for a while until my body started letting go off the excess. I didn't exercise though. I think everybody is different with the weight gain and loss and every pregnancy is very different also. 

Oh gosh, 9 months? I hope on all my future children it continues to take 3 weeks to lose the weight . Any more than that and I'd be doomed!

Back