Meeting new people in class

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This summer i am taking summer classes (boo!) so i can graduate sooner (yeah!). Any way, i was interested in knowing how you would go about making friends with people in the class. There are not many of us so people tend to spread out and not sit near each other.

We do get down time, AKA it is a three hour class and we get a food break. What would be some ideas for starting a conversation? (since i am not comfortable asking if someone wants to walk to the food place on campus with me, or sitting next to someone who may not want to sit next to me. I tend to be shy, but if i have an idea in my head of how to approach a situation i can be more bold. I guess for me the initially talking to people is difficult for me)

I know how you feel its like starting at new job or starting a new school jus sit in class and if you bond with anyone around talk here and there when you can and when u have lunch you have someone to sit and talk to an as the days go by u know more people

I always tell my kid that friendships start with one word- "hi!", then follwoed with, "do yu want to play with me?"

hahaha

you can start by asking questions about the class, or if you have know questions, ask about what someone else thinks about the class or what might happen next week in class. THEN, while they are talking offer gifts... everyone likes gifts. like while you are talking about class, offer up a super yummy social-sized snack that everyone likes- like chex mix or a big bag of cherries.

or you can appeal to others vanities... like approach someone and ask them where they got their super awesome necklace or where they get their nails / eyebrows done because they look so perfect...

Quote:
I always tell my kid that friendships start with one word- "hi!", then follwoed with, "do yu want to play with me?"hahaha

you can start by asking questions about the class, or if you have know questions, ask about what someone else thinks about the class or what might happen next week in class. THEN, while they are talking offer gifts... everyone likes gifts. like while you are talking about class, offer up a super yummy social-sized snack that everyone likes- like chex mix or a big bag of cherries.

or you can appeal to others vanities... like approach someone and ask them where they got their super awesome necklace or where they get their nails / eyebrows done because they look so perfect...

At first i thought you were going to say ask them if they want to play hahaha. Maybe tomorrow when i walk to get food during our break i can talk with someone who is going to get food also

I always used to get to class early so I would just say hi and ask them how class was going for them. Then later I would ask them where they usually go to have lunch. Im not the most sociable gal but I always made a friend in class. loll

yeah! i would totally go up to someone an casually ask a question about class....Also, try organizing a study group with a few classmates and meet somewhere off campus like Starbucks or a book store.

I would wait a few minutes before going to get food, while some of your classmates have gotten their food, go find a group of your classmates and go and sit with them. Make a comment about what you guys are doing in class or the prof - like 'what do you think about what he said about _____' or 'What do you think about that last assignment?'

Back