I have super sensitive skin i need your help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I get mosquito bites EVERY summer. And then they turn into scabs, also my skin gets irritated to many products. Any moisturizer that works well with sensitive skin

Here you go
smile.gif
:

La Roche Posay Hydraphase, for dehydrated skins (two versions, one for normal to dry skins, one for normal to combination),

Logona/Lavera moisturizers in rose, aloe vera, chamomile versions.

Weleda's sweet almond and iris versions.

Skinfood's hydrating moisturizer.

Sweet almond/olive/camelia/coconut oils (pure and cold pressed).

Aloe vera gel.

All of these have worked really well for me in the past.

My current moisturizer : Logona's free moisture cream for easily irritated/sensitive/allergic skins.

I fit in all those categories and this moisturizer is a godsend. It's basically a very basic, "pure" formula, a very minimal list of ingredients and none superfluous.

I forgot : to prevent insect bites, especially from mosquitoes, good old lemongrass, and to repair i prefer using lavender essential oil but i read lemongrass is fine too. I use a small clay diffuser which i place one near my desk, and the other on my nighttable. Then just you dare come in tsk tsk
shuriken.gif

I'm assuming the mosquito bites turn into scabs because they itch and you scratch them. The best thing I've ever found to stop the itch is deodorant. Sounds crazy but it's true. Where I originally read it it said to use roll on deodorant. I've used the stick type that is more common these days and also spray and all have worked. Any brand I've tried has worked. When I get a deodorant almost gone I will stick it in the glove box of my car so that it's handy if I get bit and itchy when I'm out and about.

Sorry to come in late, but get an AfterBite pen from WalMart. They work great on bug bites.

Good luck! I react the same way - the bites get itchy and after not even THAT much scratching, they turn into little rash/scabs and are awful
frown.gif
. I can go outside for less than an hour and end up with at least a dozen mosquito bites sometimes.

I heard it's something to do with your body's odor, some smell nicer to the mosquitoes than others.

I get that too! I don't have to scratch and it scabs up. When I was small my pediatrician told us it was my body chemistry that attracts them :s . Thanks ladies for all the suggestions.

Too add tho, I bought Odomo's when I was last home. It's a mosquito cream that works really well keeping them away. I think it's an Indian product tho, so I'm not sure what the availability is where you are.

For bites, I use cortizone cream and it seems to help a little bit.

Back