Sign in to follow this  
internetchick

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil swatches

I am a big fan of the milky as a base, then I will go over my base with the black bean.  It makes such a unique smoky eye appearance.  In reference to the question about using this type of makeup as eyeliner, from my experiences I definitely wouldn't recommend it.  I would use these just them eye shadow then go over the entire eye with a thinner dark eyeliner pencil or liquid eyeliner ( I prefer Mary Kay).  These are great pencils though, and a lot of fun to play with!

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post

Great advice!

Hehe I really wish they colored ones gave a more colorful effect so I could have a giant collection of them but to me it's just a waste of money knowing that it doesn't do anything different.   I DO however, buy the black bean to go under black shadows (I forgot to mention that!!).  So yes, all you need is milk and black bean.

Nyx jumbo eye pencils in my opinion aren't good as eyeliner, especially the black bean. It is greasy, and ends up all over my eye. But it is good as a dark base color, maybe use a primer? It does crease fairly quickly. I have a Nyx potted base in white and it works nicely, I use it with every eye shadow look. 

Originally Posted by Resa17 View Post

Nyx jumbo eye pencils in my opinion aren't good as eyeliner, especially the black bean. It is greasy, and ends up all over my eye. But it is good as a dark base color, maybe use a primer? It does crease fairly quickly. I have a Nyx potted base in white and it works nicely, I use it with every eye shadow look. 

ew yeah i hate the black one.  I don't even use the colored ones anymore.  I tested the white vs colored for all colors of eyeshadow and you get the same result.  No point in wasting money on every color if you're only using them as a base

I have two! 

Oyster and Strawberry milk! 

I used to use them all the time, before I got Primer Potion. But I hate how they crease! 

but, how to you sharpen them?

is it even possible? 

and the new packaging is hard plastic compared to the wood type on my oyster stick!

I have 4 NYX jumbo shadow pencils and often use them as a base. They never crease as long as you don't apply them to thickly. They also need to be blended out on the skin. I fond they work far better than UDPP, especially for the price. I also have no problem whatsoever sharpening them with a sharper designed for fatter pencils. Many/most/all of the plastics I've seen which are used in the manufacturing of pencil products are quite soft and sharpen very easily. I don't know why so many people think it's a problem. Have you tried to sharpen them using a large sharpener before?

Great swatches!  I love so many of the colors.  Which store sell them?  I haven't seen them yet (forgive me, I'm living overseas and am only home in the US 2x a year LOL)