Hmmm did i say too much?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Ive been dating this amazing guy for about 5 months. He is really sweet, does alot for me, shows me he is into me all the time. One thing is he is not very expressive with words. In the beggining of the relationship I didnt talk too much about my feelings either I was just having a good time and getting to know him. As time passes though my feelings are growing and the last few times we have gone out I have been sharing these feeling with him.

Last night though, I feel like I said to much. I told him how much I liked him and that I was afraid he would leave me one day-- i really hate that i said this (do you think this made me seem needy and clingy)?. I told him he was very special to me and that I had never met anyone like him, I showed him my very vulnerable side which I'm afraid I came across as very weak. He didn't really have much to say about all this lol so Im afraid i may have devulged to much. What do you all think? Do you think this was appropriate for me to do or is it to early to have these kind of discussions? I havent been in a relationship in a few years and I seem to have forgotten some of the rules
frown.gif

Well the "I am afraid you would leave me one day" might have been too much. Telling him he´s special to you is totally fine after 5 months though!

Of course it´s too late now because you already said these things, but try not to worry too much and see how it goes. If he´s a commitment phobic he might run for the hills...but then he´s not right for you anyway. A mature guy who´s ready for a relationship with you won´t be freaked out if you show him your vulnerable side.

I think it´ll work out just fine though, good luck!

Don't worry too much about that, if he's the right guy he won't be afraid to see your vulnerable side.

I think showing your vulnerable side is good at times, it shows that you can open up and let your guard down and really get to know a person. The bad thing sometimes, is the person doesn't end up feeling the same way or that person thinks differently of you, but it's the risk you take. I rather be open and tell people things instead of having to hold that stuff inside. Its been 5 months, obviously you like the guy and maybe he needed to hear it himself in order to get more serious. I don't think you scared him away and besides guys don't say much anyways, at least my guy doesn't...so who knows maybe he has been wanting to tell you the same thing. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

like andi says, the leaving thing might have been a bit ott but if he's the right guy he will over look it. i'm sure you'll be fine, have you heard or seen him since?

I think it just depends on the relationship and there are no rules to follow. My relationship with my boyfriend progressed extremely fast. We were completely in love before we even made it official. Then after "dating" for three months, we made the decision that I should move across the country to live with him. We aren't one of those gross overly-lovey couples, but throughout the day we frequently say how much we care about each other. That's just how our relationship is.

On the other hand, one of my good friends was dating a guy for over a year before they even said "I love you" and then they rarely talk about their feelings at all.

My advice is if he doesn't mention caring about you or open up to you like you did to him, then I wouldn't bring it up again until he mentions something. Sometimes you can still really care about a person, but have a hard time talking about it even if they do little sweet things to you to show that they really do care. I wouldn't worry that you said too much, it's always amazing to hear that someone cares about you
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with Andi and Jackie...
Just let it be and see what happens.

Dito!

You didn't say anything that was wrong. As long as you're honest, saying what you feel is always the best policy. If he runs for the hills or acts scared by what you said' then thats his problem! Always always always stay true to YOU!

Back