Fall fashion mags... le sigh..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought the newest People Style Guide issue (the big one for September) and I gotta say.. not too impressed. :/ I don't think it's their fault but... I just don't like a lot of fall fashion. Or at least not what they were showing... lots of busy patterns, heavy tweed.... blah.

I guess part of what bugs me too is that with my shape and stature I can't do those overly bulky/layered looks or I just look like I'm playing dress-up in mom's closet! So looking in fall issues doesn't usually get me too excited clothing wise!

How's everyone else feeling about the transition into fall wardrobes coming soon, and more specifically how that's translating into the mags? See any trends you love? Hate?

i quite like the tweed. i know what you mean about autumn styles being more bulky though, the whole layering trend comes out year after year.

i love the colours this season- camels, tobaccos, deep treacle toffee colours.. i think they're gorgeous.

Blah sums up my thoughts. I'm not so much into those colors, camel, toffee etc, but i love the red velvet from Alexander Wang. I agree about layering, i look like a snowman
laughing.gif

I like tweed as well, it's very warm and can make you look chic, but i find it difficult to pair with anything else.

Tweed can be a bit hard to wear, but it doesn't have to be. I do some work with CAbi clothing and they have this cute jacket that looks like tweed but without the bulk. You could easily pair it with deep reds and camel tones that you guys were talking about. The layering may be a bit tricky, but there shouldn't be any "snowman" problems if you keep the layers fitted close to your body.

Back