Cut OR Not? Picture of my dream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
smile.gif

First picture is me and the second Keira's hair. I wat to cut my own hair like her but It's DECISION so I need advice.

What do You think of her look?

That is daring. I have no advice, sorry. I don't really like the 2nd pic, but that's my opinion.

Originally Posted by Nick007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That is daring. I have no advice, sorry. I don't really like the 2nd pic, but that's my opinion.
laughing.gif
Daring, I know...

Short hair is a MAJOR commitment! I wouldn't do it. I've had short hair before and all I wanted was for it to grow back.

Takes more time to do than long hair. Would drive me nuts. I have long hair and would NEVER be able to do that.

Ditto on soop's comment, my hair was chopped about two years ago and I'm barely done growing out these gross layers.

The funny thing is that I prefer Keira Knightly's longer hair than this short hair. Don't chop it, instead try something in between so if you don't like the length it won't take so drastically long to grow back.

I think it would cute on you. If you have really been thinking about it, go for it!

It's a major decision, if you're up for it go for it, but like the others, i got my hair cut as short as chin length, and i hated it so much, i'm still not happy with how long my hair nowadays.

I don't know if you have the funds for two haircuts or not, but have you considered a middle haircut. Maybe something like this:

short-hair-cuts.jpg

OR

short-hairstyles-of-jessica-alba.jpg

This might let you see if you really want short hair and if you really want to play with texture and layers everyday. I think these two styles could be styled a lot or not much depending on what you wanted to do that day. Also, they seem pretty easy to grow out. If you like playing and like the short hair, then you could move on up to the shorter style.

Well I think as long as you don't have any major cowlicks/odd growth patterns that should actually be a really low maintenance cut..

My hair is about that length and my hair has been chopped for a year and a half and I just now decided to grow it out! If it's a nice, flattering cut I don't think you'll regret it. And hey, that's what extensions are for.

I prefer Jessica Alba's hair ^^^. The other is too short. I think you have a heart-shaped face and here's some tips for hair cuts:

Hairstyles for Heart Shaped Faces - LoveToKnow Hair

Flattering Hairstyles for Heart-Shaped Faces

If you really want to draw attention to both your eyes and cheekbones, which tend to be the most prominent and attractive areas of the heart shaped face, you'll want to soften and enhance this place with soft layers and wispy ends. Create some volume and roundness around the chin to add width, or simply wear short layers that flip at the ends and create a focal point around the eye area. No matter if your hair is long, short, or medium in length, these style tips will ensure your heart shape is proportioned.

•Show off the forehead area with long, side swept bangs that open up and create upper visual interest.

•Add volume and kick to your hair by styling plenty of internal layers with a round brush. Be sure to flip up ends and add plenty of movement around the chin to add narrow-balancing bulk.

•Add bangs and add height. Bangs will help elongate an otherwise traditionally shorter facial shape. If you rock a short style, style choppy bangs straight up and with plenty of texture to add visual interest that will distract from the lower portion of the face.

•Keep medium locks full with round layers that cascade gently around the nape area. A side swept bang that cascades into chin length layers will help add even more flattering width to the lower half of your face.

I really like the two pics that Allison posted.

I think Keira's hair is cut into a pixie. This is a really short haircut that requires regular haircuts every 4 weeks, and tons of styling maintenance.

Post some pics if you decide to cut your hair.

thanks for all advices
smile.gif

Maybe if I had Keira's face shape it would be easier, but I have different so I won't look as sweet as her.I'll try the look of Jessica Alba. It's more safe
smile.gif

Originally Posted by chez_moi /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for all advices
smile.gif
Maybe if I had Keira's face shape it would be easier, but I have different so I won't look as sweet as her.I'll try the look of Jessica Alba. It's more safe
smile.gif

Great choice! Post us a pic when you get it done. I think you'll look super cute and it is less maintenance.

You have a nice look. yes you can go for the style you have shown. or better you go for the style that "allison0699" has updated. we know how much fun it can be to experiment with different hairstyles. When deciding on the perfect look, it's important to factor in things like face shape, complexion and hair length. So its your choice now.

__________________________________________________ ______

When you go to a Los Angeles Hair Salon, it’s not just about the service, it’s about the EXPERIENCE. We at Kyle Mathis Hairdressing understand this and strive to create the supreme salon experience, one that will have you talking long after you walk out the door. kylemathishairdressing.com

Back